Gardening is one of the most common and appreciated hobbies of all time. A lot of greenery around the house and plants blooming happily makes you happy each day. However, maintenance can be a real hassle.
If you own the right tools and know-how to use them properly, the hassle is simple to deal with. The best gardening tools are not expensive. You only have to select the right one before spending on the wrong product.
In this article, we have chosen the 10 Best Cheap Lawn Mowers of all time. The brand and products have a great market reputation. Thus, each of the deal is worth it.
Disclaimer – This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
1. BLACK+DECKER BESTA512CM Electric Lawn Mower
You can save time in giving your garden a makeover by carrying this lightweight Mower for a longer span. With a very simple conversion, this lawn mower can become an edger or a trimmer.
The 3-in-1 mower allows easy accessibility to improve your garden appearance overall.
The robust 6.5 amp motor can combine the Power Drive transmission to give you maximum performance while you trim the lawn grass or cut the overgrown weed on your outdoor space.
The mower is very easy to use and light in weight. You can use it for a longer time without getting any muscle pain.
- The cutting path length is 12-inch. You can add heights between 1.6-inches to 2.4-inches according to your need.
- The automatic feed spool gives prolonged and continuous working. The durability is not compromised even while using it for a longer period.
- It has a cord retention system that gives safety from any short-circuiting or mishandling.
2. Greenworks 25022 Corded Lawn Mower
Electronic gadgets should always come with a warranty period, and so does this product. The Greenworks 25022 mower gives a durable service line with exclusive cleaning of your lawn.
It has a 3-in-1 capability, and seven different height ranges that you can adjust according to your needs. Overall, the mower is easy to use for everyone.
It has a 12 amp robust servicing motor that gives high-performance service across your space and lawn. It has the 3-in1 quality for mulching, side discharge, and carries a rear bag. It weighs 56 lbs, which are not at all heavy to move in your garden.
- The height adjustment facility benefits a lot of users.
- It has seven different variants where you can pick up one of your comforts.
- Starting the Lawn mower is very easy.
- It has a button that you can push and start cleaning the weeds from your lawn.
- The steel deck length is 20 inches long. You get enough space to move your hand free while using the lawn Mower.
- The product has a warranty of 4 years. In case you face any hazard, the company professionals will allow free servicing.
- Users have praised their purchase, which declares that the product has no disadvantages.
3. American Lawn Mower Company 1204
If you are concerned about the environment, this product will make a great deal purchase. This lawn mower from the American Company requires no fuel to make your green space look neat and tidy.
Your purchase will not leave any hazardous footprint in nature, even if you use it daily. The designers have kept the appearance simple and sturdy with sharp blades for a hand-cut finish. The lawn mower has four 14-inch blade reel, which leaves your garden a sharp cut finish that you mostly get by hand
- The mower weighs near to 20 lbs, which are pretty light, allowing ease in moving the machine.
- You don’t experience any toxic fumes while grooming your lawn grass.
- The product does not have any cord structure. So, no need to watch your step while working.
- You can take the product anywhere in your garden.
- The mower is very low-maintenance. It lasts for years.
- First-time users may find the height adjustment feature difficult to use.
4. BLACK+DECKER BEMW482BH Electric Lawn Mower
This is another multipurpose product from BLACK+DECKER to make your lawn grass looker short and clean. The black and orange color combination makes the product stand out when kept under the shade.
The mower is very low maintenance and durable. Unlike other products, this mower has a curved blade that cuts the grass more closely. No question about the quality and durability. The company is famous for their quality services.
The winged blade gives a groom 30% better than mowers with straight blades. It has a push-button which you have to use with your hands.
- The product is perfect to use for long grass lawns.
- The powerful and rough wheels can glide through rough, uneven surfaces very easily so that you can reach the tiniest corner of your garner.
- The rugged wheel also helps to pick the thickest grasses of the lawn finely.
- The cutting range that BLACK+DECKER Electric Lawn Mower provides is adjustable from 1 inch to 3 inches.
- It also comes with six height length variations for better grip and control.
- The land mower has a two-year warranty.
- It weighs around 39.75 lbs, which are heavier than other mowers available in the market.
- The corded electric can be a bit of hassle for some people.
5. Sun Joe MJ4010E Mow Joe Lawn Mower
Sun Joe is a brand operating with a high-grade rear collection bag along with superior grass cutting blades in their range of Mowers. This model Is ideal for cutting tall grasses without clogging the mower deck.
The Lawn Mower comes in a green shade with big sturdy wheels and a long metal handle. It operates using side discharge planning. This mower works wonders for you if you are very particular about grass height. It gives a tailor-made cut to your lawn with a height control of 3 positions.
- The rear bag is a 10.6 gal bag with a discharge chute. Also, the mower is light in weight.
- The 12 amp motor helps the mower give a sturdy service over a longer span.
- It has a robust motor with a 14-inch wider plate to give smooth finishing to your lawn.
- Using the mower is pretty hassle-free. The clippings never clog the mower deck. You don’t have to reopen the mower time after time to check if the cut grasses have blocked them or not.
- It requires no oil, gas, or tune-ups to run. Therefore, you shape your lawn by saving nature.
- The push-button operation is simple to switch the mower on or off.
- Buyers have faced difficulties in cutting grass above 4 feet in height.
6. The Great States 304-14 Lawn Mower
Great States Corporation are the makers of the finest and hassle-free lawn mowers of all time. Their mowers do not come in an engine, and this model is not an exception.
You can plug into your favorite track on speaker while grooming the lawn grass as there is no single-engine noise. The only sound you will hear is of the mower when it cuts the grass. Your neighbors will not know when you cut the grass. It gives a better cut than most of the engine mowers in the market.
- The blade snips the grass with a scissor cut quality without ripping the grass. You can enjoy a healthy green lawn once the grooming is done.
- Buying this mower makes a great deal. It only takes a push to start. You don’t have to pull any string to make it work on the grass.
- The mower parts are easily available in any hardware store.
- This mower is light in weight and moves on any lawn surface.
- The t-shaped handle gives a comfortable grip.
- It might not cut grass, which is very short in size.
7. Honda HRX217K6VKA Lawn Mower
The self-propelled gas mower gives sturdy services that you can experience with comfort. Since it is a self-propelled lawn mower, the wheels and blades are powered by the engine.
The mower comes in an attractive red and black color combination. The handle is easy and comfortable to hold so that you can concentrate on the grass length to ignore any left-outs.
You do not need any additional tools to experience the ability of the bag, mulch, and discharge the shred grass and leaves while grooming.
- It comes with a 190 cc engine, which is always up for a robust service.
- The rear wheel is designed to work on sturdy roads like hilly areas or rocky terrains.
- The mower leaves your grass even everywhere. It goes through a seven-layer grass cutting technique.
- It has a large capacity discharge so that you can cut a lot of grass at one single time.
- The five-year warranty is pretty impressive, unlike the rest of the products.
- You might have to adjust the wheel individually after every use.
8. Scotts Outdoor Power Tools 60362S Cordless Lawn Mower
Scotts is a pretty famous brand known for manufacturing outdoor products like power tools, grass seeds, lawn fertilizers, pest solutions, and others that could keep your garden clean.
Using Scotts Lawn Mower, you can maintain your lawn easily. This mower has 3 in 1 functionality equipped technically in one tool. The basic features are the same as other brands except for the LED light at the base.
The mower has a robust motor that is brushless with a lithium-ion battery as a power source.
- The 3 in 1 functionality works for the bagger, mulcher, and grass mower.
- This mower has a bag capacity of 16 Gal, which is very durable. It is made of thick plastic top and can collect the grass along with other debris pretty easily.
- The run-time and power of the battery are superb. It does not emit harmful fumes.
- The motor is efficient enough to accommodate your wide lawn at a go.
- You can control the speed of the mower from 1.5 mph to 3 mph according to your preference.
- It is foldable. Hence, you can keep it anywhere and save a lot of storage.
- The dual LED headlights make grass grooming fun.
- The motor needs good care for more durability.
9. WORX WG719 13 Amp Electric Lawn Mower
Electric Lawn Mowers are low maintenance with high-quality performance. They can be taken anywhere due to the hassle-free appearance. WORX is one of the popular brands to manufacture high-quality power tools and devices.
This land mower is simple but sturdy. It cleans weeds, long grass in no time, leaving a smooth green carpet bed.
- The blades are sharp enough to cut tall grasses.
- It has a NutriCut dual-edged multi-blade system to quickly chop the grass for a natural finish.
- The electric corded module is 3 in 1 with bags, mulches, and side discharges.
- The mower features 7 adjustable heights so that anyone can use it effortlessly.
- The caster wheel design rolls smoothly on any surface despite light obstacles.
- Users complain about having gaps in the chute system.
- It vibrates a lot while using it.
10. Craftsman M275 159 Lawn Mower
Despite being the last one on our list, this product is highly popular in the market. Its efficiency, build in quality, design, and performance are worth the investment.
Craftsman is one of those brands who bring their products with pride. This mower is self-propelled, drives at a single speed with dual-lever height adjustment, and a 3 in 1 sturdy deck.
If you are still confused about which land mower to buy considering your budget, don’t miss this Craftsman Mower.
- It is powered by electricity. Therefore, you can start immediately with just a push-button.
- The 159 cc gas engine is designed for efficiency in lawn mowing.
- The 3 1 facility enables rear and side discharging and mulching.
- The 21” deck width is easily washable. You can keep it clean after every use.
- It is very easy to assemble after unboxing.
- Buyers have questioned the cleaning facility. However, the cutting height is pretty good.
Cheap Lawn Mower Buyer’s Guide
Owning a lawnmower can be great. You can groom grasses easily in your spare time. The maintenance also does not cost much. Before any internet advertisement attracts you to invest in the wrong place, here’s a buying guide.
Land Mower Features
Land mowers are powered either by fuel, lithium battery, electricity, or by manual power. The type you want to buy depends upon the one you are comfortable using.
The fuel-powered ones have a huge reputation while the electric ones save the environment. The difference in efficiency is little to negligible.
There are several ways a lawnmower can cut grass. A side or rear discharge mower leaves the grass clipping back on the lawn. If you want to keep the lawn fertilized using the leftover grass, buying a side or rear discharging mower can be beneficial.
Another one comes with baggage, where the grass is collected while cutting. You later have to empty the grass into the bin.
Types of Lawn Mowers
There are three types of Lawn Mowers:
- Riding Lawn Mower – you have to ride them like a car to clean the grass. They are ideal for big yards.
- Push Lawn Mowers – these are unique Lawn Mowers with a bit of manual effort. You have to push the device so that the wheel rotates and cuts the grass as it travels. They run on electricity, fuel, or lithium batteries.
- Reel Lawn Mowers – the most hassle-free among the three is the reel Lawn Mower. They are environment friendly and do not make any noise.
The handles are made sturdy and adjustable to give you a comfortable grass cleaning experience.
Most of the Lawnmowers have seven segments or five segments of adjustable handles. It is preferred if you get a size according to your height.
Deck sizes depend on the wide length of the blade. If your deck is bigger in size, it means the deck has bigger blades – the grass is cut in longer lengths.
Usually, the deck ranges from 20” to 70” in size. But, most of the house owners look for a lawnmower with a size of 30” and 60” to ignore frequent cleaning.
Buying a lawnmower is quite a serious investment. Even though you are looking for pocket-friendly options, they are still going to cost you enough to do some basic homework beforehand.
Here you can go through all the best budget options in lawnmowers out there at the moment. You can compare all of their pros and cons against each other and weigh them against their prices to find the ideal one for yourself.
Getting a lawnmower at a reasonable rate should not be too difficult. However, make sure not to compromise with the features to cut on cost. At the end of the day, you would want a mower that lasts you a few years.