Living in a household means it comes with its qualms. The drainages are usually the most cumbersome place to clean and the most comfortable place to get blocked with dirt and germs. Accumulation of grime can lead to blockages that can get you in a nasty mess.
If you don’t want to be stuck in a dirty pool or left contemplating your next move, I suggest you let go of the plunger or calling the plumber and get yourself a drain cleaner, which will do the job better.
Disclaimer – This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Bio-Clean Drain Cleaner
- Prevents accumulation of all kinds of waste and sludge.
- Multi-functional and can be used for all types of surfaces.
- Helps in the elimination of impurities as an effective cleaning solution.
Green Gobbler Drain Cleaner
- Two applicators for the unclogging, one for the large surface area and the other for narrow spaces.
- Unique technology that can unclog and dissolves all types of grime and unwanted materials.
- The formulation is safe to use and eco-friendly.
Drano Max Gel Drain Cleaner
- The thick formula works well with standing water and unclogs it instantly.
- It’s a fast-acting solution and an effective cleaning agent.
- An innovative formula that helps prevent rust in pipes or other systems.
10 Best Drain Cleaners in 2021
1. Bio-clean Drain Cleaner
One of the most inventive formulations is a blend of the unclogging solution and friendly bacteria. The mode of action is simple and straightforward—first, the enzymes in the solution act on the tough waste and impurities accumulated in the systems.
Next, the bacteria act on the residual impurities, which work as a nutritional feed for them. Once the complete breakdown of the organic materials occurs, the unclogging happens. Using the Bio-clean drain cleaner has proved to be effective.
- Based on the fast-acting enzymes, which break down the clogs and bacteria then feed on it.
- Safe for usage in the pipes and systems and humans too.
- No abrasive activity with heat, fumes, or chemical odor.
- Eco-friendly and bio-degradable solution
- Anti-corrosive and doesn’t damage the pipes or the system.
- All the organic waste is cleared quickly, and the inorganic materials remain unaffected.
- Quite affordable and easy to use
- Can be readily used every month
- The entire drain system is covered using this solution.
- On prolonged usage, the thicker sludge and impurities are harder to clean.
2. Green Gobbler Drain Cleaner
The two applicators have measured tops so that you don’t have to measure the drain cleaner before every use. Further, the solution is 100% safe and eco-friendly so that it doesn’t harm the environment or yourself.
It shows no sign of bleach, and the green gobbler gets its name from the part that helps get rid of impurities and waste in the pipes and drains. The Green gobbler drain cleaner is an ideal biological solution for the instant removal of sludge and other contaminants.
- It doesn’t have any odor, and it’s an odorless formulation.
- No trace of bleach.
- Effective cleaning solution
- A single application for wash-basins and tubs
- Dual application for toilets and hard to clear pipes.
- Ease of use
- Simple to maintain the pipes and other septic systems
- Can dissolve any scum
- It won’t cause any damage to the pipes
- The formulation isn’t acidic.
- Excellent solution for maintenance
- It takes time to unclog bad blockades, and it calls for patience.
3. Drano Max Drain Cleaner
The drain cleaner is ideal for all types of pipes, sinks, and drains. It lives up to its claim of the ability to clean the problematic drains within minutes. The dissolution of impurities is painless and occurs within 7 minutes precisely.
The gel formulation is sufficient for a single application and ensures the easy and fast removal of all impurities and sludge types present in the plumbing system. You will never have to invest in plumbing repairs again with the vital mechanism, and Drano Max will be your one-stop solution.
- Guaranteed removal of all types of impurities
- Single-step cleaning
- Safe and useful for sinks, pipes, and all other systems
- Fast cleaning of spillage and leakage
- Protection from corrosive action
- Bleach solution removes sludge quickly.
- Helps in the smooth flow of water
- Restores normal action fast
- Gel-based formulation gets rid of clogs quickly
- Can leave behind a residual smell.
4. Professor Amos Drain Cleaner
The superfast cleaner lives up to its attribute of being a superfast cleaner through its innovative technology. The mode of action is smart and not as hard as it doesn’t cause any damage but has an adequate capacity.
A single application is sufficient for the easy-to-use solution, which is useful in a flush-and-go approach. It’s a powerful solution for use in households as well as a commercial-grade solution. With Professor Amos, your drains will be as good as new.
- Causes no harm to the pipes and the entire plumbing system of the house.
- Effective in different parts of the house with no damage caused to the pipes’ material or the interiors.
- Extremely safe and eco-friendly option to be used in the house’s pipes, drains, and tanks.
- Acidic ingredients are less in concentration.
- Easy maintenance of the drain system
- Fast dissolution of the impurities
- Immediate expulsion and elimination of clogs from the system
- It takes time to unclog the drains and pipes with stubborn blockages.
5. Instant Power Drain Cleaner
The Instant Power cleaner is a guaranteed formulation that opens up drains in a matter of minutes and unclogs it instantly. A single application is concentrated enough to open up the drain and release the clogs with easy dissolution.
This, in turn, ensures that the pipes and drains have water flowing in and out smoothly through it. Hence, it can efficiently work on the breakdown of severe blockages and result in precise plumbing action.
- It can dissolve and extract the accumulation of hair, which leads to build-up in the drain.
- A unique feature of the cleaner is the generation of heat so that the excessive fat and oils are broken down, and they can permeate through them
- A practical and instant solution when kept overnight in the drain.
- It is a long-lasting solution that will work better when kept for long in the drain.
- Though it is a potent formula, it doesn’t cause any harm the pipes and the entire plumbing system.
- Has an undesirable odor.
6. Green Gobbler Drain Cleaner Pack
The Green Gobbler lives up to its name by being a bio-active solution that gobbles down excessive build-up swiftly. The action is effective and long-lasting. It can easily decalcify and remove the excess of the water’s hardness, which is observed as accumulation and can damage the pipes and entire septic system.
The packets already contain pre-measured quantities of the drain cleaner in the form of a loose powder. The powder is easily dissolved and disperses into the sewage with a single flush of the toilet.
- Eco-friendly option as the packs are biodegradable and fast-acting solutions.
- Useful and essential on different types of build-up such as oil, hair, and various other impurities can clog the drain.
- Ideal for any house section like the toilet drains, sinks, pipes, kitchen drains, and so forth.
- Inclusive of an additional tool that can be used to facilitate hair removal, which is tough to move through.
- It contains a fast and robust solution that is non-abrasive and effective.
- Perfect for a single application, the pack cannot be repeated.
- The residual smell is strong.
7. Liquid-Plumr Drain Cleaner
The Pro-strength liquid solution eliminates all kinds of impurities clogging the pipes in the system and prevents the subsequent blocking, which can occur otherwise.
It is a professional capacity cleaner that is useful in the commercial setup as well as in households. The Liquid-Plumr formulation is ideal for different types of blockages and can break them down quickly.
- It is an extraordinarily safe and non-polluting option to be used for the cleaning of pipes, drains, and the entire system.
- It acts effectively and rapidly on different types of drains and pipes to steer clear of impurities that can choke them up again.
- A powerful and effective solution is a reliable option.
- Can completely expel the foul odor and the toxic fumes, which can occur due to the toxic build-up and accumulation of wastes.
- On prolonged and excessive usage, it can damage the material it is used on.
8. Thrift Drain Cleaner
The GIDDS-TY drain cleaner has a four-in-one drain cleaner’s functionality, which clears up drains of hair and oil in a single-use. It is an ideal solution for gutters of all sizes, septic tanks, and the entire system in general.
The formulation doesn’t contain any chemicals like bleach and is not acidic. The Thrift drain cleaner promotes the growth and action of active bacteria.
- It causes no harm to the interiors of the pipes as it contains sodium hydroxide.
- Effective and long-lasting solution with an extended shelf-life.
- Storage is simple, wherein it remains unaffected.
- It doesn’t change the texture or consistency of the pipes and drains made up of any chemical material like plastic or even fiberglass.
- The fast-acting solution shows improvement within 60 seconds or less.
- Instant value for money
- Highly durable product
- The unclogging action is not as effective as expected.
9. Biokleen Drain Cleaner
The Biokleen solution is a non-toxic and eco-friendly alternative containing bacterial culture that is actively secreting enzymes necessary to digest sludge and other wastes in the pipes, drains, and the entire septic system.
It has been specially designed to prevent clogs, treat slow drains, and reduce odors. The gel formula effectively coats the pipe walls and acts on the accumulated debris. It is a mixture of plant extracts and enzyme-producing bacterial culture, ideal for getting rid of impurities and grime.
- The formulation is an advanced solution with gel technology, which forms a coating layer of dirt and impurities.
- The accumulation of organic wastes and toxic build-up is wholly eliminated.
- All-natural solution with no additives in the form of harsh chemicals, artificial fragrance, etc.
- The utilization of surfactants facilitates the easy removal of wastes.
- Pleasant smelling solution.
- Slow-acting and the unclogging takes longer than expected.
10. Green Gobbler Main Drain Cleaner
The Green Gobbler drain cleaner is an ultimate cleaning solution that is effective and long-lasting for opening up blockages and clogged drains. An eco-friendly solution is a clean option for washing out kitchens and bathrooms in the house.
The concentrated formulation results in a change in the pH values so that the blockage is rapidly dissolved and the septic system is clear of any form of impurities. Hence, the solution can easily and rapidly dissolve various types of organic and inorganic wastes.
- Being a biological solution, it is an eco-friendly option and an extremely safe alternative to the harsh chemicals or bleach solutions used.
- A practical and clean solution that quickly digests organic wastes and other matter sticking to the sides of the pipes and plumbing in the house.
- Non-toxic and doesn’t damage the pipes or the plumbing.
- It can be used regularly, anti-corrosive, and doesn’t cause any irritation if it comes into contact with your skin.
- The preparation is odorless and safe for usage.
- Need a larger quantity to prove as an effective solution.
Drain Cleaners Buyer’s Guide
After taking a closer look at the drain cleaners’ comparative analysis, you can quickly conclude which of them to buy for your household. Further, here is a list of factors that can help us decide which is better for your drains and pipes.
Reason for the clog
Knowing the underlying reasons for the clogs and the blockages occurring in the house’s pipes and drain, we reach a better conclusion in determining the type of drain cleaner needed in the place.
Different types of drain cleaners
Various drain cleaners in the market can suffice for your daily needs of keeping the pipes and drains unclogged. The bioactive solutions are eco-friendly options and highly effective solutions that can quickly digest all types of organic waste.
Chemical or eco-friendly
The turnout of chemical wastes is ever-increasing, and if you can reduce the overload by even a minor fraction, it will be preferred. Hence, it is ideal to invest in a bio-active solution or an enzymatic powder that does the work and causes no harm in the process.
As we conclude, you have a better idea about the different types of drain cleaners available and the pros and cons attached to them. You can now choose from the list and see the last of your lousy drain days.