Grills and griddles are a staple kitchen appliance required in every household. Whether you want to grill a steak or flip over pancakes, a great grill/griddle makes the job more comfortable with its features and preset cooking modes.
The grill need not be used only outdoors as nowadays, the indoor options are also popular choices and make your life simpler. So, whether it’s a weekend brunch or a barbecue, you’re sorted with the grill/griddle helping you out. Below is a list of the top 10 indoor grills that aim to make your cook a delightful experience.
Disclaimer – This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
George Foreman Grill
- The sloping surface facilitates the easy removal of fat and oil, which results in fat-free and lean meals.
- The drip collection tray collects excess oil and grease.
- Indicator lights on the cover of the grill help in knowing whether the food is ready or not.
- Reversible plates save up on time, effort, and storage.
- Clean-up is simple and straightforward with the removable plates, which are dishwasher-friendly.
- The temperature settings can be easily adjusted to obtain food cooked to perfection.
- Customizations for different cooking modes are available.
- Outdoors flavor can be enjoyed from the comfort of your home.
- Searing mode helps you obtain restaurant-quality food.
The Best Indoor Grills in 2021
1. George Foreman Grill
The advanced George Foreman model of the grill is enabled with top-notch quality of the grill plates with a non-stick coating that ensures the food doesn’t stick to the bottom and you get perfectly cooked food.
The sloped tray features, indicator lights, and temperature settings facilitate an easy and convenient cooking experience. Whether it’s grilling meat or sauteing vegetables, you’re sorted with this advanced grill.
- Unique slope design that aids in draining off fat from the grilled meat.
- Ideal for serving a 4-course meal or a meal for four.
- Sixty square inches of grilling space.
- Clean up is easy.
- The plates are removal and dishwasher friendly.
- The drip tray collects the excess of grease & fat.
- Quick-cooking results with preheating function.
- Non-stick coating helps in cooking.
- The cooking hinge is adjustable & of floating design.
- Occupies a lot of space and offers minimal cooking surface area.
2. Cuisinart Griddler Indoor Grill
The GR-150 model of the griddle is preferable the best choice among the grill options because of the fast sear technology, which makes it stand apart from the rest. With its six different cooking modes, you will be the proud owner of excellent addition to the kitchen counter.
Grill or griddle plates can be removed while cleaning and are reversible to increase storage space. An additional sear mode can achieve high temperatures of 500 degrees Fahrenheit. The grill is made of stainless steel and is reliably safe to use.
- Six cooking options
- Reversible plates
- A contact grill, full and half grill option is active
- The grill doubles up as a griddle too
- The temperature settings are adjustable
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Plates have a non-stick coating
- The top cover can be adjusted to seal in the temperature
- Can be locked to gain storage space
- The temperature control is dual-functioning.
- Occupies space and requires enough storage area.
3. Hamilton Indoor Grill
This indoor grill matches an outdoor grill’s features and delivers delectable flavors with its professional-grade capacity. Being a smokeless grill, you can say goodbye to the acrid smoke surrounding the grill during its functioning.
With the Power and heat modes in the active set, the grilling and searing functions are carried out at ease and conveniently. The Hamilton grill assures unique flavors and high-quality taste from the comfort of your home.
- The smokeless function is ideal for usage and accessibility
- Functions as well as an outdoor grill
- Searing can be quickly done at 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Adjustable temperature function
- The grilling helps in sealing in the flavor.
- The power and pre-heating modes can be set and reset accordingly.
- The indicator lights help in knowing the cooking time.
- Removable plates and lid facilitate easy clean-up.
- The drip tray helps in the collection of excess grease and oil.
- You can get restaurant-quality food at home.
- On prolonged usage, thicker food waste is harder to remove and clean.
4. PowerXL Indoor Grill
The PowerXL smokeless grill provides optimal temperatures for cooking the food to perfection. One of the essential features that make it stand apart is a tray at the bottom wherein the liquid can be poured, which needs to be infused into the cooked meal. Additives like herbs can be added directly to the liquid.
The temperature and power settings are adjustable. With the turbo smoke extraction feature, the house’s interior remains smokeless, and there is no release of smoke during the cook.
- Turbo smoke extraction function gives a smokeless cook.
- Temperature controls are enabled by LED function & are easily adjustable.
- The plates can be removed easily, and they’re dishwasher friendly.
- The non-stick coating is available for quicker cooking.
- A high temperature of up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit is achieved.
- The cooking tray present at the bottom can be filled with broth or liquid to infuse the meal’s flavors.
- The indicator lights are suggestive of the food being cooked thoroughly.
- Easy clean-up of the plates is possible with surfactants.
- The grill doubles up as a griddle with interchangeable plates.
- The internal fan is defective on prolonged usage.
5. Presto Indoor Grill
With the Presto Cool-touch grill, you can ensure no accident due to temperature or electricity fluctuations. The handles will always remain at ambient temperature and can be easily held without the fear of burning your hands.
If you’re in a dilemma for cooking multiple meals or for a huge family, the Presto grill is here to save you from the trouble of ordering a takeaway or eating delivered meals.
- Cool touch helps in easy handling of the grill.
- The heat control is adjustable to maintain an adequate cooking temperature.
- The drip tray is available for the collection of excess grease or oil.
- Vast cooking surface for cooking different quantities of food such as four-course or three-course meals.
- The grill plates can be easily cleaned, and the design facilitates clean-up.
- The complete unit can be washed in a dishwasher.
- Non-stick coating helps in faster cooking.
- Lightweight & compact for easy storage.
- The heating element is poorly functioning over a prolonged duration.
6. Hamilton Grill/Griddle
The three-in-one grill doubles up as a griddle, which makes the cooking surfaces ideal for cooking purposes. Grilling becomes reasonably comfortable, and it is favorable to cook indoors with it.
The Hamilton grill/griddle is a breeze to work with due to the multiple features and modes. Cooking on it is as easy as it sounds due to the adjustable levels and easy to understand settings.
- The grill and griddle plates can be heated independently.
- Both the grill and griddle edges are reversible.
- A grease channel is present in the center for the draining of excess fat and grease.
- A large cooking surface is available for more servings of food.
- Ideal for multiple servings and three or four-course meals
- Clean-up is easy.
- 3-in-1 cooking gives restaurant-style results.
- The plates have a non-stick coating which is free from PFOA.
- Heating levels can be easily adjusted.
- The draining function is tricky & the edges are difficult to clean because of the dripping issue.
7. DASH Mini Grill
The Dash Mini grill is one of the most time and space-saving kitchen appliances that can come to your rescue, especially when you’re staying away from home. Whether it’s a student dormitory or a rented apartment in the city, you can rest assured with the DASH grill sitting on your kitchen top.
Though it is miniature, it can keep your grilling troubles at bay by helping you out when you’re in a hurry or have friends/guests over for a meal at your place. Grilling in this mini grill is done in a flash, and you need not miss the outdoors or the huge grill back home.
- Compact and lightweight for easy storage.
- Grilling and toasting can be done on the go.
- The portability of the DASH grill is enhanced because of the small size.
- Quick-cooking is possible with the grill, and it requires less quantity of oil too.
- Design is ideal and occupies less space on the kitchen counter.
- Even heat distribution.
- Non-stick coating without PFOA.
- Preheating levels are adjustable with the indicator button.
- The safety level is high with an anti-slip base.
- Small cooking surface area.
8. De’Longhi Grill/Griddle
With the De’Longhi reversible grill, it doubles up as a griddle when required, and you can safely bid farewell to all of your cooking woes. You can even make a panini and grill it to perfection with the dual function.
The fat content of the food can be considerably reduced with the sloping function wherein the grease being collected can save you from consuming it. Hence, it’s a healthy option and is much preferred in the indoor setting.
- Large surface area for cooking
- Useful for cooking large meals.
- It doubles up as a griddle & can function smoothly as both.
- The plates are reversible & clean-up is easy.
- Cooking precision is achieved.
- Temperature levels are adjusted with a thermostat varying from 200 degrees to 400 degrees.
- The fat can be easily removed with the slope’s help, which is approximately 42% of the fat.
- Height can be adjusted as per your suitability.
- Embedded heating element achieves even distribution of heat.
- The accumulation of smoke & grease can be overwhelming.
9. T-fal Indoor Grill
The T-fal grill is a frontrunner for cooking different types of food at ease and conveniently. Depending upon the type of meat getting seared, you can quickly obtain the right temperature, such as rare or medium-rare, and indicate when it’s cooked thoroughly.
Cooking modes are dual, with one for frozen food and the other manual function for the rest of the food options. Hence, the preparation time required for frozen meat or peas is reduced to a large extent.
- Pre-set mode for cooking different types of food.
- Grilling time can be determined depending upon the thickness of the food.
- Indicator light buttons for a better understanding of the level of cook achieved.
- Removable plates with a non-stick coating.
- A large drip tray is available for easy collection of grease and oil.
- Clean up is simple because of the removable plates, which can be cleaned reliably in the dishwasher.
- It automatically adjusts the temperature levels and the cooking time depending upon the nature and thickness of the food.
- Sensors can be faulty after prolonged usage.
10. Gotham Grill
Gotham electric grill gets full points on versatility with the grill being used for various cooking modes. The grilling can be done without any mess with the smokeless function, and the indoors no longer smell like a grill pit afterward.
The grill is made of stainless steel, and hence, a manufacturer’s warranty is assured. Further, the grill’s smokeless function keeps your house clean, and you can cook on it conveniently for long durations without the fear of smoke accumulating indoors.
- Easily adjustable heat settings.
- Smokeless function hence no residual smell after grilling.
- Non-stick coating helps in fast cooking.
- Temperature dial can be controlled between warm to high heat.
- Clean up is easy.
- Storage is hassle-free.
- Removable drip tray also made of ceramic-like plates.
- Scratches won’t appear on the surface.
- Even heat distribution.
- The bottom is made of plastic, which can melt if not taken care of while working.
Indoor Grills Buyer’s Guide
With a detailed overview of the grills and the pros and cons listed, you have a better understanding of the products and can choose the best option possible. Here is a curated list of factors that can be considered before making a purchase:
The power requirements vary from one grill to another; usually, the smaller ones consume less power while the larger ones have a maximum power output of 2000watts. Hence maximizing the power results in perfectly cooked meals; it is desirable to choose a high power appliance.
Every form of food requires different temperature levels for attaining an ideal cook. Whether you are grilling vegetables or meat, knowing the desirable temperature helps in even distribution of heat. Another factor for heat level is the grill plate, which should remain hot throughout the cooking time.
Type of Grill
There are different types of grill plates and cooking surfaces that help in achieving optimum cook. Nowadays, grills come with a tempered glass lid that helps in capturing this steam within the grill. This, in turn, helps in uniform heat distribution on the grill plate, whether it is reversible or not. A large cooking surface is ideal for households and is the most preferred choice for indoor grills.
Since you are using the grill in an indoor setting, it is desirable to look for the smokeless function. Also, please pay attention to the filter that comes with the appliance because it ensures that the smoke from the cooked food doesn’t escape and clog the house’s interior.
As we have reached the end of the product reviews, you as a consumer have detailed insights about the different types of grills/griddles available in the market. As an informed buyer, you can compare, analyze, and decide which grill suits your cooking requirements.