If you are reading this article, you are indeed looking for a Kukri. Keep reading to learn about some of the best designs available in the market at the moment. By the end of the article, you can decide which one to buy. All the products mentioned below are exceptional in different ways. So, you can undoubtedly make a pick.
Whether you need the kukri as a utility tool or a weapon, you will have plenty of choices at the end. You may compare all the features and pick the one that seems most suitable for your needs. Since everybody has different needs, different models will suit different individuals. You can find items that fit your budget. If you want something expensive and extraordinary also, you will find it.
11.5 Inch Ka-Bar Kukri
- Suitable for multipurpose tasks
- Full tang design ensures durability
- Ergonomic Kraton handle gives a firm and comfortable grip
Service No.1 EGKH KukriNo products found.
- Beautifully designed
- Carbon steel construction
- Extremely sharp and coated with grease for shine and prevent rusting
- Kraton handle for a comfortable grip
No products found.
Cold Steel Workhorse Kukri
- Multipurpose kukri knife
- Lovely handle for a firm grip
1. 11.5 Inch Ka-Bar Kukri Knife
The kukri is the top choice on this list because of its versatility and durability. If you are looking for a kukri for multi tasks, you need this model. The composition of 2-1249-9 kukri is carbon-steel with an ergonomic Kraton G handle. It is quite sturdy with a very comfortable grip.
The Ka-Bar kukri is only 1.7 lbs with an 11-1/2-inch blade. It is, therefore, relatively light and easy to handle. The full tang design guarantees long life and reduces the chances of bending and denting.
You can use the kukri for cutting small branches, chopping, and clearing bushes and weeds. You can also use it as a weapon if the need ever arises. This kukri comes with a sheath, but it is not of good quality. Hence, you will need to change it regularly.
- Carbon-steel composition ensures durability and sturdiness
- Very sharp and ready to use on arrival
- Kraton G handle offers a firm grip
- Durability ensured with the full tang design
- Useful for various purposes
- Can be stored safely in a black leather sheath
- Sheath quality is not good as expected
2. Service No.1 EGKH KukriNo products found.
If you are searching for the kukri of all kukris, the kukri Gurkha Army is the one. The handmade knife/kukri is impressive in every way, including design, performance, and price. Made with high carbon steel and a Kraton handle, it guarantees strength, sharpness, and durability.
The kukri blade is 10.5 inches, and overall length is 16 inches. It weighs about 2.2 lbs and is comfortable to handle. Even though it is quite pricey, it is quite versatile. So, you can buy it for various tasks or as a collector’s item.
One thing to remember about this fantastic knife is it needs high maintenance. You need to clean, polish, and sharpen it regularly. Else, it will lose the shine and get rusty.
No products found.
- Built with high carbon steel for long life
- Razor-sharp edge with grease coating to keep it glossy and free from rusting
- Lovely Kraton handle offers a firm and comfortable grip
- A high-quality sheath allows safekeeping and easy to move around.
- Allows fast cutting because of the forward blade weight
- Quite Expensive
- High maintenance required for longevity
3. Cold Steel Workhorse Kukri
If you want an efficient but affordable blade, the kukri Magnum 97 MKM is the right choice for you. It is the best budget design on this list. Though this blade is cheap, it is certainly not inferior in performance. So the blade found its way into this list. A lot of times, people look the other way if a product is too affordable. But not with this design.
The kukri weighs 1.3 lbs, and the blade stands at 22 inches, with its total length being 22 inches. The high carbon steel composition makes the kukri simple to use, sturdy and durable. Even if this model’s price is low, its performance is on par with many other expensive designs.
It also comes with a high-quality sheath. So, you can store it safely. The curve design of the blade also ensures deep and fast cuts.
- Useful for different tasks
- Excellent quality sheath
- High-quality handle for comfort and stable grip
- The blade design allows faster and deeper cuts
- Edge is rough and dull on arrival
4. 17-Inch Outback Smith & Wesson Kukri
The brand is known for making some of the market’s best products. So, it is no wonder that the 17in Full Tang is also one of the market’s best designs. It is a medium-sized kukri composed of high carbon steel. The rubber wrapped, the profoundly grooved handle offers full comfort.
The fantastic balance and weight distribution make the knife or kukri very efficient. Another exciting aspect is the blade is ready for use when it arrives. So, you do not have to waste time sharpening it.
A sheath accompanies the kukri, and so you can store it safely. However, it does not fit the knife snugly. Hence, you might find it inconvenient.
- Matte finish black high carbon steel blade
- Evenly balanced weight distribution
- Rubber wrapped handle gives firm grip and comfort in use
- Sharp edge on arrival, so no need to sharpen it
- Top-quality polyester sheath with strap
- The knife does not fit perfectly into the sheath
5. SOG Kukri 12-Inch Blade
This model is yet another amazing kukri available in the market. The brand known for making the most spectacular products has outdone itself once again. It is also a multitasking knife that enthusiasts can buy and use for different purposes.
Whether you wish to use the kukri as a weapon or a tool will serve its purpose. The blade of this kukri is 12 inches, while the total length is 18 inches long. The kukri SOGfari also has a Kraton rubber, which prevents vibrations and offers a comfortable grip. So, you can cut through the bushes easily.
This kukri is a bit longer in size. So, some of you might find it a bit challenging to use at first.
- The blade is made of high carbon steel
- Kraton handle for additional comfort
- Non-reflective blade
- Longer blade for more coverage
- Sturdy sheath for storage and protection
- The longer and heavier design could be cumbersome for some users
6. Heavy Duty Condor Tool & Knife Kukri
For those out there searching for a multipurpose kukri, this design is the right one. Condor always makes exceptional items, and the 60217 is no exception at all. The brand knows what customers want. So, they create only spectacular products.
The blade made of high carbon steel stands at ten inches and overall length at fifteen inches. It has a hardwood handle, which offers comfort and also gives a tradition and an original appearance.
As with most other designs, the 10-Inch 60712 kukri comes with a sheath made of black leather. So, you can keep it and yourself safe. The downside of this kukri is its handle. It is flatter than most designs, so first-time users might find it awkward to use at first.
- Full tang design enhances durability and performance
- Blade made of high carbon steel with a satin finish
- Hardwood handle provides a comfortable and firm grip
- Leather sheath for safe storage
- A flat handle makes the handle feel smoother
7. Outdoor Survival Schrade Kukri
Schrade is another brand that makes top-quality items, so it is a trusted brand. SCHKM1 is one of these products which the brand came out within recent times.
The 19.7in SCHKM1 Kukri is also full tang design with a thick blade at 1/8- inches. The blade is stainless steel and 13.3 inches long. The handle is 6.4 inches long, and it is one of the longest on the list.
However, it is quite comfortable to use, and you can perform multiple tasks with the blade. So, you will have a handy tool cum weapon in your possession. The downside of this knife is it is dull on arrival. So, you have to sharpen it before use.
- Stainless steel blade with a black powder coating ensures extra-long life
- The T-grip handle offers a safe and comfortable grip
- Full tang construction provides durability
- Sturdy nylon sheath for storage and safekeeping
- A diamond stone sharpener and a Ferro rod in a suitable pouch
- The blade is dull on arrival; so it has to be sharpened thoroughly before use
8. Black Ontario Knife Kukri
It is another beautiful kukri design from Ontario Knife. The kukri 6420 OKC stands at 17 inches in total, with its blade being 11.5 inches. The composition of this kukri is carbon steel with a black matte finish. It is also a multipurpose tool with a G-10 rubber handle, which offers a firm grip and comfort.
The kukri comes with a nylon sheath for safekeeping and portability. However, the sheath is not of top quality. So, you will have to replace it from time to time.
The OKC kukri is lightweight and perfectly balanced. Hence, you can use this kukri for hours without losing the grip. Its non-reflective feature also ensures that working in the sun can be convenient. If you are not very familiar with using a kukri, then this design is ideal.
- Carbon steel construction ensures durability
- G-rubber handle with finger grooves offers comfort and stable grip
- Matter finish makes it non-reflective
- Nylon sheath for protection and carrying it around
- Well-balanced for extra comfort
- Useful for multipurpose tasks
- The nylon sheath is not of durable quality
9. Black 12-Inch Blade Gerber Gator Kukri
This kukri also finds itself on this list because it is one of the most versatile products on the market. The blade of this kukri is twelve inches, while the total length is nineteen inches. The composition of this blade is high carbon steel, and so durability is ensured.
The inclusion of a lanyard is a positive feature as you can use it for a prolonged period without losing it. The black 31-002074 has a lovely handle. Hence, experts and users often say that it has the best shock absorbing handle among all the designs.
The kukri has a long blade, which will allow you to cut a wide area of bushes, weeds, and grass. However, it is not suitable to cut big branches and logs. You might break the blade in doing so. Hence, you need to keep this fact in mind when you are out in the forest.
- High carbon steel construction
- An improved handle provides a firm and comfortable grip
- Shock-absorbing handle
- Versatile blade
- Lanyard loop prevents losing the blade
- Good quality sheath
- The blade is very thin
10. Straight Edge Blade Magnum Kukri
If you want a small design that looks, and feels like a kukri, this kukri 01MB511 is the answer. It is so tiny that it is almost a pocket knife than a kukri. You can fit the knife/ kukri snugly in your pocket.
It is a versatile tool cum weapon even though it is relatively tiny. It is useful for fishing, hunting, and self-defense. The material of this blade is stainless steel, and it is only 4.6 inches. The total length of this kukri is ten inches and 5.7 inches when locked or folded.
However, you cannot perform heavy tasks with this cute kukri/ knife because of its tiny size. You could, but it will take plenty of time to cover the ground area. Hence, it is better not to use it for heavy work. But you can always carry it around for emergencies.
- Made of good quality material
- An excellent self-defense weapon
- It fits in a pocket perfectly
- Useful for hunting and fishing too
- It works much better than a typical pocketknife
- Very sharp on arrival
- Sturdy and durable
- It is too tiny to be a kukri but works fine
- The blade gets loose after continuous use, but it is easy to tighten it
- The pocket clip is not available with this item
Kukri Knife Buyer’s Guide
You will find that each product mentioned here has many positive features. But they are also different in some ways. Besides, everybody requires a specific type of blade. You also have to consider features like the blade, price, performance, versatility, and sheath, among others.
Obviously, you are not buying the kukri for one time use. So, the blade material has to be of top-quality. The models like 2-1249-9 kukri, kukri Gurkha Army and kukri 6420 OKC among others are made of top-quality materials that will last long.
Another important aspect while buying a kukri is its cost. Some items may be quite expensive but not as good as expected. At the same time, others may be cheaper but perform exceedingly well. An example is the kukri Magnum 97 MKM. This model is inexpensive but quite efficient and versatile.
Besides blade material and cost, you may pick models that are comfortable to use and are suitable for multiple tasks. The sheath is another feature which you must consider since you have to store it safely. However, not all have the best sheaths. But then, you can always find a high-quality sheath easily. So, consider the other aspects, first of all, then make your pick.
With so many products in the market, it is not always easy to choose the right design. But with a little help like this list, it will be a bit easier for you to choose the ideal kukri knife. You can buy a design which you think will be suitable for your needs.