A pellet grill smoker is a versatile and fast way to cook than charcoal or electric smoker. It gives you an advantage over the latter, being easy to pre-heat, cook the food faster, digitally control the temperature, and offers a quick clean-up.
This guide will introduce you to the features to check in a prospective pellet grill smoker. Follow the guide to know the ways to make the best choice. Also, go through this comprehensive list featuring the 10 competent models in the market from best brands like Camp Chef, Traeger, Pit Boss, Z- Grills in every budget range.
We have briefly compared the top 3 best pellet grills. Here are the major features of these pellets listed out for you. Read further to go through the detailed reviews of the selected products.
Disclaimer – This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Traeger Grills Pro Series 575 Wood Pellet Grill
- Alexa and WiFIRE Smart Home Technology
- 6-in-1 versatile functions
- 575 sq. inches grilling space
- Built-in meat probe
Memphis Grills Pro Wi-Fi Controlled VGB0001S
- Double wall construction
- Dual convection fan
- 18lb capacity pellet hopper
- Intelligent Temperature Control
Z GRILLS ZPG-700E Wood Pellet Grill Smoker
- 8-in-1 versatile functions
- Digital control system
- Advanced wood fire technology
- Grease bucket holder
We have reviewed 10 of the best pellet grills in the market for your culinary needs. Check out their features and detailed reviews to select the right one.
1. Traeger Grills Pro Series 575 Wood Pellet Grill
Out of the rest of the pellet grills we have fished out in this list, our best overall pick is the Traeger Grills Pro 575 Wood Pellet Grill. It offers a versatile range of temperatures from 180 to 450 degrees. The GrillGuide monitors the cooking and lets you control it from the smartphone. You can also control the system with your voice using Google Home and Amazon Alexa.
Get precise temperature control and premium wood-fire taste at home. The 6-in-1 versatile features allow you to smoke, grill, braise, roast, bake, and barbeque. The huge cooking space of 575 square inches lets you cook easily for your entire family.
- Lets you control the system with your voice through Google Home and Alexa.
- Built-in meat probe to control the internal temperature.
- Easy to clean the porcelain-coated grills.
- WiFIRE technology to control the temperature through the smartphone.
- Pre-programmed recipes control the cooking easily.
- The accessories are a bit costly.
2. Memphis Grills Pro Wi-Fi Controlled VGB0001S
If you can push up the budget to invest in a luxury pellet grill of all times, here is the best of the lot. The Memphis Grills Pro Pellet Grill is a luxury product that offers the finest cooking experience you can imagine.
The commercial quality 304-grade stainless steel body makes it durable enough to last years without rust or weathering. Its double walls provide the best insulation inside, maintaining the temperature range irrespective of the environment outside. Memphis Pro also offers a versatile temperature range from 180 degrees to 650 degrees, allowing you to smoke or sear the meat at your will. There are two internal convection fans inside to circulate the heat evenly, making it one of the best in business. With the Memphis Pro, you can cook as long as you want because of the enormous hopper capacity.
- Large and versatile temperature range
- Best insulation system with dual convection fans
- Durable construction out of 304-grade stainless steel
- Automatic intelligent temperature control
- Alert systems connected to your phone to let you know when the food is ready
- Nothing really seems to bother except the price, which isn’t affordable for all.
3. Z GRILLS ZPG-700E Wood Pellet Grill Smoker
If we need to pick the best budget choice with the most intelligent features intact, we shall recommend the Z-Grills 700E Wood Pellet Grill Smoker.
Z-Grills is known for its excellent range of pellet grill smokers, and this one is significantly priced relatively low.
It gives you 700 square inches of cooking space and a 20lb enormous hopper. These are two of the best features of this budget pick. The only downside is that you do not get Wi-Fi connectivity.
The versatile 8-in-1 pellet grill smoker provides you with a range of functions and a huge storage cabinet to store barbeque tools and wood pellets.
The advanced wood fire technology gives you the distinct flavor of wood smoke in your food. The convection heat distribution feature ensures that the heat spreads inside evenly and the food is cooked perfectly.
It contains several advanced features like the electronic auto-start ignition mode, automatic temperature control, and LED temperature display.
- Waste oil collector offers easy cleanup.
- Automatic temperature control for easy cooking.
- Easy to use for beginners.
- Solid, durable construction
- Huge hopper and cooking space.
- Difficult to remove unused pellets at times.
4. Louisiana Grills Built In Wood Pellet Grill 860BI
Louisiana Grills Built-in 860B Wood Pellet Grill is another luxury purchase you can invest in if the budget allows you. It is one of the best you can get in the market with a range of intelligent features.
The versatile temperature range lets you cook at as low as 180 degrees Fahrenheit and go up to 600 degrees.
The 304-grade stainless steel body is robust and highly durable. You can get a cooking space (a whopping 860 square inches), making it the largest on the list. You can easily feed all the people at the party at one go.
The smart Digital Control Center helps you adjust and monitor the temperature easily. The hopper also has a huge capacity of 28 pounds, letting you cook over hours. The heat retention capacity keeps the temperature consistent and automatically goes into a smoke mode to keep the food safe.
- One-touch automatic start button
- Digital control for better monitoring of temperature.
- Huge cooking space for any family or large groups.
- Durable construction.
- Natural hardwood barbeque pellets offer the best taste.
5. Camp Chef WiFi Woodwind Pellet Grill
The Camp Chef WiFi Woodwind Pellet Grill puts you in complete control of the cooking procedure with the most advanced features.
The WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity and the PID controller help you control the temperature very easily without physically monitoring always. The system automatically controls the heating, and the meat probes display the inner temperature. The temperature range from 160 degrees to 500 degrees Fahrenheit lets you smoke the food as well as grill it. Just dial in the smoke level starting from 1 to 10.
The cleaning system is straightforward with the Ash Kickin’ Cleanout system, making your job easy. The sturdy powder-coated steel body constructions make it very durable.
- Easy to use and clean the ash.
- Smoke level control through a dial-in system from 1 to 10 to set the intensity.
- Connects to the phone and apps with WiFi and Bluetooth.
- Easy to add a propane burner as a sidekick attachment for more versatility.
- The connected apps may lose connectivity at times.
- There is no cabinet door.
6. Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill
The Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Grill comes in a variety of advanced features. You can find a great combination of the heat control system, cooking space, and different flavors. Cook up smoky meat dishes anytime at home with the SmokePro Pellet Grill.
The cooking space is 570 square inches, which is vast enough to cook for your family. The digital temperature control system lets you monitor the temperature while the auger automatically controls the amount of heat inside. The 18 lbs hopper capacity is large enough to cook easily for long hours.
Cleaning up is also quite easy with the built-in ash cleanout system. It saves you from the tough clean-up routine associated with pellet grills. On the whole, this is the right choice within your budget.
- Easy to use interface.
- Convenient temperature control system.
- Affordable price.
- There are some issues with feeding the pellets.
- There is no Wi-Fi connectivity.
7. Z GRILLS Pellet Grill 1000 SQ
The Z Grills 1000 SQ Pellet Grill is an 8-in-1 versatile model with a series of cooking functions like grilling, roasting, smoking, searing, barbeque, braising, baking, and char-grilling. You can use the colossal temperature range for cooking slow or fast. It is suitable for smoking ribs as well as baking vegetables.
The wood pellet technology is straightforward to use. Put the pellets into the hopper, set the temperature mode, and relax. It is easy to clean up, as well, due to the ash cleanout system.
The 3-tier cooking racks provide you with enough space to cook and barbeque for your family. You can also find a large cabinet to store the pellets and accessories while the right side table is good to prepare the food.
- 8-in-1 versatile functions.
- Very easy to clean up.
- Easy to use and cook.
- Huge space to barbeque.
- Extra working and storage space.
- No Wi-Fi connectivity.
8. Oklahoma Joe’s 20202106 Rider Deluxe Pellet Grill
The Oklahoma Joe’s Rider Deluxe Pellet Grill makes cooking easier and smarter. Its Pit Control system comes up with a Timer Mode that enables you to know whether a certain set amount of time has passed so that you understand if the cooking is done. The Temperature Probe Mode indicates the inner temperature when you reach the target.
The most important feature of the pellet grill is the Sear Mode, which can make the temperature soar over 650- degrees Fahrenheit. It gives the perfect crunchy crust on the meat. You can also do slow cooking at 175 degrees Fahrenheit.
The heavy-gauge steel body construction makes it very durable. Moreover, hardwood pellets ensure a rich, wood smoke flavor in the food. It is easy to insert as many as 20 pounds of pellets in the hopper and release them via the bottom.
- Extremely easy to clean and maintain.
- Best for searing meats.
- Gives great smoky woodfire flavors.
- The space is large enough to cook for many people.
- Flexible rack system.
- The upper limit for indirect cooking is just 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Traeger Grills Ironwood 650 Wood Pellet Grill
Never think of using gas or charcoal if you have the Traeger Grills Ironwood 650 Wood Pellet Grill. It lets you achieve an authentic wood-fired taste.
WiFIRE technology connects the pellet grill with apps to let you control the temperature from anywhere. You can also use your voice to control everything through Alexa.
The Ironwood 650 is a versatile model offering 6-in-1 functions like grilling, baking, smoking, roasting, braising, and barbeque. It also provides a considerable temperature range from 165 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
The best feature is the double side-wall insulation technique, which keeps the temperature and the heat consistent inside, irrespective of the weather. You can grill even in cold weather. Variable fan speed inside the pellet grill creates a strong smoke vortex. The beautiful smoke flavors the food and produces smoke rings.
- 6 in 1 versatile functions.
- Porcelain grill gates are elementary to clean.
- Excellent insulation and temperature consistency.
- Versatile temperature range.
- Very durable model.
- It is expensive.
- It may require more than one person to assemble.
10. Weber 22510201 SmokeFire EX4 (2nd Gen) Wood Fired Pellet Grill
The last one we picked in this list is the Weber SmokeFire EX4 Wood Pellet Grill. It is another impeccable model from all aspects, brilliantly designed, and performs pretty impressively. Cook your desired food with hardly any input. Just set the temperature and leave the food to let the pellet grill do the rest of the job. It will roast your meat to perfection with beautiful smoke rings.
The pellet grill allows you to smoke at 200 degrees and sears the meat at 600 degrees Fahrenheit. The smart features like meat probes will enable you to monitor the inside temperature while the even distribution of heat ensures better cooking.
Feed your entire family with the vast cooking space and enhanced grilling experience.
- High temperature range.
- Huge cooking space.
- Capable to feed a large group of people.
- Sturdy construction.
- Meat probe technology for easy inspection.
- No Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connectivity.
Pellet Grills Buying Guide
Let us look into the must-have features in a pellet grill smoker to give you the best experience. Here are the things you need to check to understand the quality and performance.
Choose pellet grills with thicker insulation and sturdy construction. They are not only durable but provide better heat retention and keep the temperature steady.
Read the expert reviews and the customer opinions of pellet grills to understand the pellet grill’s performance. It should be easy to use, provide stable temperature without dipping or spiking, and have good smoke production. That is a must to offer a distinct smoky taste and flavors.
- While choosing a pellet grill, look for the following in the pellet delivery system:-
- The tip of the auger tube should not be too near the combustion chamber. Otherwise, it will burn up the unused pellets.
- Choose wide sized electrical augers. It prevents jamming of the pellets.
- The hopper capacity should at least be 18lbs for the best cooking experience.
Advanced features and technology
- Look for direct flame grilling, automatic temperature control, Wi-Fi connectivity, and smart controller systems in the pellet grill.
- PID controllers are the best when you choose pellet grills instead of 3-position controllers and non-PID controllers. They change the temperature variations to maintain a particular range.
- Some models are advanced enough to let you monitor the cooking through smartphone apps connected through Wi-Fi. You do not have to stand and watch throughout the cooking time.
- Meat probing features also let you read the meat temperature on the LED display.
- Also, look for multiple cooking racks with different heat levels to cook other foods together at the same time.
- Built-in lighting makes it easier to cook food outdoors in low-light conditions.
It’s always best to go for portable pellet grills so that you can carry them to places and set them up anywhere.
A pellet grill smoker is not cheap. Expect to pay at least $500 to $700 for a competent model. You may not go for the most expensive product if you do not require all the latest features, but one with the most convenient ones should come in the price range mentioned. Do not select pellet grills for their low price as they won’t be durable or perform well.
Cooking Surface Area
Choose your pellet grill will minimum 300 square inches of cooking area. The larger ones usually have 1200-1300 square inches of space. Select the cooking surface area based on your needs. If you have to cook for many people in one cycle often, you may need one with a large cooking surface area.
Choose a model with a stainless steel body for the best construction. A sturdy body is durable, and premium construction also ensures that the models are rust-proof and weather-proof.
Final Words- Which Is The Best To Choose?
All of the above-listed pellet grills are the best you can get in the market. Experts have reviewed them as the most competent models with excellent features to make cooking smarter and more comfortable. If we have to pick up any one of them, it would be the Best Overall choice – Traeger Grills Pro Series 575 Wood Pellet Grill. If you can invest in an expensive, luxury grill, then the obvious choice would be to go for the Premium Choice- Memphis Grills Pro Wi-Fi Controlled VGB0001S. Go through the reviews and the buying guide carefully to gauge your needs and understand how to make the best choice.