A Knife is an indispensable tool for every single household out there. But knives also tend to lose their sharpness over time and becomes dull. So, this calls for a pocket knife sharpener, which will come in handy for you at all times. There is a multitude of pocket knife sharpeners in the market today.
So, our article on the 10 best pocket knife sharpeners will make things easier for you. You will require a knife sharpener that does its due diligence of excellent sharpening. Your knife sharpener should be able to last the test of time too.
Disclaimer – This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Sharpal 101N 6-In-1 Knife Sharpener
- Six different functions.
- Ideal for any outdoorsy activities.
- Super portable.
- Top sharpening performance.
- User-friendly and versatile.
Lansky PS-MED01 BladeMedic
- Field repairs present on all the blades.
- It works with a ton of knife types.
- This knife can get inside the tiniest serrations.
- Cost-effective and versatile.
- 3-4 strokes of tungsten carbide will restore the blades.
Sharp Pebble 2 Premium Whetstone
- 2-sided 1000/6000 high-quality whetstone.
- Multipurpose usage.
- Highly durable and doesn’t fade out.
- It eliminates the use of expensive sharpening oils.
- You can apply consistent pressure.
1. Sharpal 101N 6-In-1 Knife Sharpener
The Sharpal 101N 6-In-1 is an amazon best seller for a ton of reasons. This sharpener comes with six functions, i.e., “Number 1 V-Notch Slot of Coarse Carbide (easily sets a new edge),” “Number 2 Fine Ceramic (hones for smooth edge finishing),” “Tapered Diamond Rod of Medium 400 Grit (for gut hooks and serrations),” “Diamond Rod + Groove for the Fishhooks,” “Ferro rod” and an “Emergency whistle of high pitch.” It measures over 8.27 x 4.72 x 0.6 inches and weighs over 0.1 pounds.
It comes equipped with a lanyard hole and is super convenient for hunting, survival, and camping. You can also utilize it for your chef kitchen knife. Its abrasives are quite durable and display a top sharpening performance. Its ceramic and carbide qualify the field use test for over 10,000 times and doesn’t wear out. This knife is suitable for serrated knives and not just for the straight ones. Your dull and damaged blades will start seeing better days with this sharpener.
- Multifunctional nature.
- It caters to all knife types.
- Perfect for outdoor activities.
- Easy to use and long-lasting.
- 3-Years warranty and responsive customer service.
2. Lansky PS-MED01 BladeMedic Knife Sharpener
The Lansky PS-MED01 BladeMedic spans over 8.5 x 3.5 x 0.13 inches and weighs about 0.25 pounds. This imported pocket knife sharpener consists of aluminum material and has field repairs on all of the blades. It caters to many knife types such as standard, fillet, serrated, and gut hooks. Also, its sharpeners consist of diamond, carbide, and ceramic. Owning this product is like having a whole sharpening kit at your disposal that is just a hands-reach away.
For restoring your blade, you will only need to execute 3-4 strokes. You will receive a polished finishing that is catching to the eye. With this sharpener, you will also witness quick reconditioning for your serrations + gut hooks. You can take this pocket knife sharpener for hunting, fishing, or any other outdoor-related activities.
- Workable with many knives.
- Super affordable.
- It can stand the test of time.
- Executable on the smallest serrations.
- Lightweight and portable.
3. Sharp Pebble 2 Side Grit Premium Whetstone
The Sharp Pebble 2 Side Grit Premium Whetstone possesses a 2-sided 1000/6000 whetstone. This item has an aluminum oxide material, spans about 7.25 x 2.25 x 1 inch, and weighs over 2.12 pounds. This professional-grade stone is extremely durable and long-lasting. You can start sharpening any blades of your choice out there, such as kitchen knife, sontoku knife, chef knife, sushi knife, steak knife, Japanese knife, cleaver knife, BBQ knife, and the list goes on.
It also features a bamboo base that holds the stone and an angle guide for knife sharpening. You can apply pressure consistently at the correct angle with its base and guide. This sharpener also sets up easily and possesses a user-friendly nature. It also uses water and avoid oils for sharpening and honing your knives. Plus, its imported material quality offers superior cutting performance.
- It sharpens blades in seconds.
- Top-notch cutting performance.
- It Caters to an array of knives.
- Superior material quality.
- Non-slippery base.
4. KITCHELLENCE 2-In-1 3-Stage Knife Sharpener
The KITCHELLENCE 2-In-1 Stage Kitchen Knife features a three-slot system that brings something new and fresh to the market. The 1st slot consists of a diamond sharpening rod that straightens and fixes damaged blades; the 2nd slot tends to sharpen for restoring the V-Shape, and the 3rd slot proceeds in fine-tuning for a neat polish look. Also, its ergonomic handling nature caters to both left and right-handed users. Start placing and pulling your knives in the slots a few times for effective sharpening.
This product possesses a non-slippery base for comforting control. Also, it comes with a safety glove, which is fully cut-resistant. Its crafting material consists of a solid ABS plastic, which is quite strong and durable. The high-quality material makes it work like new every time.
- 3-Slots for an amazing sharpening experience.
- Ergonomic handle for easy usage.
- Cut-resistant safety gloves.
- It can withstand heavy-duty usage.
- 30-day money return guarantee.
- Some buyers don’t see the point of owning the gloves.
5. JUNCHEN 3-Stage Knife Sharpener
The JUNCHEN 3-Stage Knife Sharpener has a triple sharpening-based groove design. Its construction material consists of acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, stainless steel, and ceramic. This item spans about 9.45 x 2.95 x 2.17 inches and weighs about 198 grams. Its grit type is fine + coarse, and the product is diamond coated. This item’s compatibility covers pocket knives, serrated knives, stainless steel knives, scissors, etc. You can simply place your dull knife within the slot and witness a razor-sharp outcome in just a few seconds.
This sharpener is fitting for manual operation and is a priority choice for most women. It features a non-slippery mat that offers safety while sharpening. Plus, this knife sharpener is also non-electric, so fret not about electricity leakage. Its body and handle material construction consist of solid ABS and TPR, respectively.
- Excellent craftsmanship.
- Easy to use and effective sharpening.
- Small and portable.
- Added user-safety.
- Lifetime warranty deal.
- Durability may not be its best asset.
6. Work Sharp Guided Field Sharpener
The Work Sharp Guided Field Sharpener possesses a sportsmen design that requires a compact field full sharpening solution for users. It is usable for activities related to shop, home, or field use, and its material consists of ceramic sharpener and diamond. This sharpener spans about 6.75 x 1.5 x 1 inch and weighs about 2.5 ounces. The diamond plates are easily removable for exposing a broadhead wrench for speeding the field sharpening. Diamond plates are fully attachable with the abrasive flipped or exposed inside the gear bag during transport.
Its ceramic rods tend to rotate for exposing fine and coarse honing surfaces. The same goes for the grooved surface as it sharpens the fishing hooks too. Also, a 2nd tiny ceramic rod helps in sharpening serrations. It features angle guides such as 20⁰ and 25⁰ for diamond plates sharpening and strong micro-bevel honing, respectively. Its five abrasive measures offer the best sharpening solution. They include a leather strop, fine plates of diamond sharpening, and fine + ceramic hones.
- Easy, quick, and consistent.
- Excellent sharpening serrations.
- The blade edge angles are quite consistent.
- Compact and durable nature.
- It doesn’t require any assembly or set-up.
- It has a low grip that causes hand cramps.
- It tends to get dirty fast.
7. Smith’s Adjustable Manual 50264 Knife Sharpener
The Smith’s Adjustable Manual 50264 Knife Sharpener features a synthetic material and has an extra fine + coarse grit type. It spans about 10.75 x 2.5 x 1.19 inches and weighs about 0.1 kilograms. This pocket knife sharpener is compatible with a ton of knives. It easily sharpens all the damaged and dull knives in a few seconds. There are a fixed angle serrated blade sharpener and a 2-Stage sharpener for all the coarse + fine standard knives.
This knife sharpener is used for maintaining the already-sharp knife’s edges too. You will love its easy adjustable knob that enables sharpening at angles of wide ranges. Plus, its abrasive components are all replaceable, and its handle has a soft grip as well.
- It offers a nice edge for fillet and kitchen knives.
- Fitting for sharpening knives with edges.
- Its adjustable angles make it quite versatile.
- With just a few strokes, you can obtain sufficient sharpness.
- Easier to locate grind angles of any knife.
- The adjustment mechanism is a little overwhelming.
- A left-handed user may find it a little difficult to use.
8. SunrisePro Supreme Knife Sharpener
The SunrisePro Supreme Knife Sharpener is a unique device that sharpens dull knives with just three simple swipes. It is compatible with a hunting knife, chef’s knife, pocket knife, butcher knife, etc. Its multifunctional blade makes the sharpening procedure as easy as ABC. It easily works by calibrating the point + tip and by inserting a precision edge to the knife. This sleek sharpener also doesn’t use electricity and possesses a safety handle. Plus, its suction pad of the patent top side and non-slippery rubber base offers superior sharpening power and stability.
This sharpener consists of diamond material, measures up to 2.36 x 2.56 x 2.36 inches, and weighs over 3.2 ounces. It features a fine grit type and possesses a compact size. After you sharpen the blades, you can easily tuck it away inside the kitchen drawer.
- You just require three swipes for a super sharp blade.
- Precision Edge is obtainable in a matter of two seconds.
- The suction base is non-slippery and safe.
- It easily fits into all the small spaces.
- No chances of slides, slips, or jabs.
- The sharpener might remove excess materials if not handled properly.
- It isn’t suitable for fine-toothed knives and scissors.
9. Work Sharp Pocket Knife Sharpener
The Work Sharp Pocket Knife Sharpener comes with a measurement of 0.5 x 1.75 x 6.5 inches and weighs around 1.6 ounces. It offers excellent sharpening from the get-go and is suitable for shop, field, and home usage. This knife features angle guides of 20⁰ and 25⁰ on the diamond plate of 32o grit and fine ceramic rod, respectively. Its precise and compact design makes it portable and accessible just about anywhere and at any time.
The elements of this knife sharpener are self-contained and don’t need any set-up. Knives, serrations, and edge tools are all workable with this sharpener.
- Lightweight and portable.
- You don’t need to assemble it.
- Quick and easy to use.
- Ceramic honing is top-tier.
- It quickly delivers an excellent edge on multiple EDC knives.
- Its diamond sharpener is a little rough for certain buyers.
- The design partially blocks the ceramic rod.
10. Sharp Pebble 2-Side Grit 400/1000 Premium Whetstone
The Sharp Pebble 2-Side Grit 400/1000 Premium Whetstone consists of three sharpening tools combined in one convenient set. It includes a Waterstone grit 400/1000, flattening stone, non-slippery rubber base, and a knife sharpening eBook. You won’t have any trouble turning all the dull knives into new sharp ones. Only a single use of this stone is enough to turn the knives into brand-new super sharp pieces. In this way, your knives will witness faster cutting, reduces fatigue and stress on wrist/arms caused by dull knives.
It also bears a multipurpose usage by reprofiling edges and also repairs blunt blades. This stone is compatible fully with a multitude of knives. Its construction material consists of silicon carbide, weighs over 1.7 pounds, and measures 7.25 x 2.25 x 1 inch. Grit 400 helps return the original shape of the edges, and grit 1000 bits help sharpens and smoothens the edge.
- It makes your knives smooth and sharp, causing the removal of stress and fatigue on user’s wrist/arms.
- Easy edge reprofiling.
- It caters to all knife types out there.
- This dual-sided whetstone is high-quality.
- Extremely durable and high functionality.
- It can be a little too soft for some users.
- This stone is a little pricey for some customers.
Pocket Knife Sharpeners Buyer’s Guide
There are certain factors that you need to look out for in a pocket knife sharpener. You need to consider these key pointers:
Size – Size is one of the most important factors that differ between users. Some users prefer small ones that easily fit into their pockets, while others think the other way around. If you are someone with big hands, avoid the smaller ones, and get one that fits your hand. Plus, if it doesn’t fit in your pocket, you can always put it in your backpack.
Weight – For the most part, pocket knife sharpeners possess small sizes and are lightweight. So, you have to get one that isn’t too big and heavy in your pocket. However, if you want a bigger one, then you can keep it inside your backpack. Pocket knife sharpeners that weigh around 2/3 ounces are perfectly normal to carry inside your pocket.
Compactness – A pocket knife sharpener should stay true to its name, which is to be pocketable. It should be lightweight and portable, so you can take it anywhere with you without any issues. Outdoorsmen purchase these pocket knife sharpeners so they can access them instantly from their pockets. So, make sure that it is compact and fitting for outdoor use.
Material – It is always important to shoot for the best material quality when you purchase your sharpener. Your sharpeners should possess a sturdy construction that can withstand heavy-duty use. Look out for all-metal construction, top-quality plastics, diamond rods, carbide blades, and ceramic blades. These materials will offer the best performance and durability.
Multifunctionality – You need a sharpener that is multifunctional because it is more convenient. In this way, you don’t have to buy multiple sharpeners for every single tool. Go for a sharpener that can easily restore the edge present on the flat surfaces, has a hooks feature, and serrations. But if there are also extra functionality, then that is always great.
Summing It Up!
Whether you want a sharpener for outdoorsy activities or indoor household stuff, a pocket knife sharpener is an absolute must. This list of the 10 best pocket knife sharpeners will give you a deeper insight into what you need today. They are all portable, multifunctional, does effective sharpening, and consists of high-quality materials. You can use any one of these pocket knife sharpeners to turn your dull knives into new polished, sharp knives.