Pole saws are a handy tool for every household. It has the benefits of a cutting saw and the convenience of a pole combined to reach out far distances to cut tree vines and such. With the right model, you can get a pole saw that does several tasks besides vine trimming. So the question has to be asked – which is the best pole saw?
The best pole saw for your household will depend on what functionality you are looking for. For instance, whether you want a heavy-duty tool or a lightweight solution to cutting tree branches makes a difference.
Continue reading to find out which are the best pole saws in the market you need to look out for.
Disclaimer – This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
The Best Pole Saws in 2021
Household tools, including pole saws, are long-term investments. When it comes to buying one, you have to take into consideration a lot of factors. The weight, design, and power source are some factors that have a huge impact on your buying decision.
With this in mind, let’s take a look at some of the best pole saws that will make a great addition to your garden.
1. Sun Joe SWJ800E Electric Pole Chain Saw
Like its predecessors, the Sun Joe Pole Chain Saw is an innovative tool that minimizes any danger and difficulty. It can help with your tree trimming or pruning needs. This 8-inch bar can extend its reach to any hanging branch or log. The chainsaw comes auto-lubricated with a telescoping pole that can provide 15ft of overhead reach. What’s more, it has a powerful 6.5 amp motor to cut branches as thick as 7.5 inches.
The pole has an ergonomic handle at the end to make it easier for you to handle the weight of the pole. As an electrically powered pole saw, you get to use the chain saw with an effortless push of a button.
- It is easy to store and use.
- The pole comes with a blade cover for safe storage.
- The pole has a foam covering for a comfortable grip.
- The auto-oiling mechanism makes the chain operation effortless and not as messy.
- It has a safety switch to prevent any accidental loss of control.
- The powerful motor and telescoping pole reach prioritize safety for an easy tree trimming method.
- It is a good value for money.
- The electric cord to charge the pole is so long, it may be difficult to store for some.
2. Greenworks 40V Cordless Pole Saw
The Greenworks Cordless Pole Saw comes with a 2Ah battery and charger. With one charge, you get the commanding power of a 40 Volt Lithium pole. Since it is cordless, you can take it wherever the trimming is needed. It has a three-piece, lightweight aluminum shaft that can extend its reach up to 11 ft.
The tool is designed in a way to provide you with a smooth operation that does not make noise. It also has an easily adjustable chain tensioning system that can adjust your cutting power according to your needs. With this lightweight tool, you can easily cut any thick lumber in your backyard that needs trimming.
- It has a long battery life with just one 60-min charge.
- The pole can perform up to 60 cuts on 4×4 lumber.
- It can extend up to 11ft.
- It has an automatic oiler system and an adjustable chain tensioning system for multi-purpose work.
- Comes with a cushioned foam cover for a comfortable grip.
- It produces no noise for a smooth experience.
- Bulti-in battery indicator keeps you aware of the power left.
- It does not include telescoping for adjusting to shorter lengths.
3. Worx WG309 2-in-1 Electric Pole Saw And Chainsaw
The Worx 2-in-1 Pole Saw provides the best tool for the combined benefits of a pole saw and a chainsaw. It comes with an easy switch to detach the saw. So you can either cut the overhead branches with the pole saw or use it as a regular chainsaw. The auto chain system installed in this pole puts less stress on the powerful blade for a smooth performance.
The pole comes with an 8 amp motor for raw power and durable performance. The extension pole can stretch as far as 10 ft, letting you reach even the highest of branches. At just 10 lbs, this lightweight pole saw can be used by anyone.
- The pole is lightweight for easy maneuverability.
- The blade cover is included for safe storage.
- The pole is detachable to use the chainsaw for trimming bushes and limbs near the ground.
- The auto chain lubrication and tension system allow for the saw to operate at optimal efficiency.
- It has a powerful motor for consistent performance.
- The pole can extend its reach to 10ft.
- It is a cost-effective solution.
- It takes a few seconds for the blade to stop moving once turned off.
4. Black-Decker LP120 20V Cordless Pole Saw
The Black-Decker LP120 Pole Saw Kit includes a 20 Volt Lithium pack, a charger, an oil bottle, and a wrench. The pole is made out of fiberglass and therefore is perfect for a lightweight option. It has an 8-inch cutting bar that can prune branches with a diameter of 6 inches. The pruning is even more powerful and accurate, with the pole’s cutting rate at 375 RPM.
The 20 voltage battery allows the pole to last 5 times longer than any other cordless poles in the market. The pruning tool can easily reach 14ft with the extendable shaft. The long shaft will not be an issue for storage since the pole can be disassembled into smaller parts.
- It has a long-lasting and high capacity battery life.
- You can do 100 cuts of 11 ½ inches pine branches with a one-time charge.
- The pole provides a compact design for easy storage.
- The lightweight fiberglass material makes it easy for anyone to handle the pole.
- 14ft extendable reach is ideal for a pruning tool.
- It displays strong power at a cutting rate of 375 RPM.
- It is slightly more expensive on account of being a proper saw kit.
- The pole takes a long time to charge.
- The chain has to be oiled manually.
5. Sun Joe SWJ803E Multi-Angle Pole Saw
The Sun Joe SWJ803E Pole Saw comes with a unique twist to tackle the hard-to-reach branches. The 8 amp motor powers the multi-angle head to cut down even the most stubborn limbs. This feature, along with the pole’s extendable reach of 14ft, reduces the difficulty to almost a zero.
It also includes all the other features that are iconic of the Sun Joe Pole Saw tools. It has a 10-inch cutting bar and chain that smoothly operates with the help of the auto-oiler system. If you cannot reach the stubborn and hidden limbs, this pole saw will show significant results to change that.
- The telescoping pole can extend to 8ft for a reach of up to 14ft.
- It has a safety switch to prevent accidental starts.
- The auto lubrication system keeps the chain running smoothly and efficiently.
- The powerful motor can cut branches as thick as 9.5 inches.
- The multi-angle mechanism adjusts the chain from 0° to 30° to tackle stubborn limbs.
- It is a versatile pole that can cut both thick limbs and thin logs.
- It falls under the affordable range.
- You can only angle the saw for one-minute intervals since the saw is heavy.
- You cannot carry it around as easily as cordless pole saws.
6. Remington RME8PS Ranger II Electric 2-in-1 Pole Saw
The Remington Ranger II Electric 2-in-1 Pole Saw includes cutting edge power with an 8 amp motor. The anti-rotation technology helps stabilize your hold on the pole for easy maneuverability. You can detach the pole for when you need to use the chainsaw for the logs on the ground.
The extendable shaft can reach limbs at 15 ft overhead. If you want to reach short lengths, the telescoping design can help you quickly adjust the saw. With its adjustable system, you can prune branches at any height.
- The pole is electrically powered by the push of a button.
- The saw can be detached for low ground trimming.
- The telescoping design with the flip and lock clamps keeps the pole length secure.
- The nonslip grip on the chainsaw lets your prune comfortably.
- The anti-rotation technology controls the power and movement of the chain.
- It shows strong power with an 8 amp motor.
- It is one of the most economical 2-in-1 pole saw in the market.
- The bar and chain oil tend to seep out during the trimming of high branches.
- At 20 pounds, it is a heavy pole saw to manage.
7. VonHaus 40V Cordless Telescopic Pole Saw
The VonHaus Cordless Pole Saw can cut tree branches and help with any other gardening tasks. The 8-inch bar chain is powered by a 40 Voltage Lithium battery for robust trimming and pruning. The telescoping pole can extend the unit to 10ft high branches. The product prioritizes safety by using a 2 stage safety trigger for starting any tree operation.
The pole offers a lightweight solution at 11 lbs. With features like a foam grip handle and shoulder straps, this cordless pole does a good job of enhancing your comfort.
- The pole comes with a 40 Voltage Lithium battery pack for a powerful performance.
- It has a bulti-in battery power indicator.
- The pole offers a rapid power charge in just 75 mins.
- The telescoping design helps you reach higher heights.
- The blade cover provides a safe storage solution.
- Foam grip and auxiliary handle for comfortable maneuvering.
- Prevent accidents with two-stage safety trigger switches.
- It is a lightweight cordless pole that you can carry wherever trimming is needed.
- It comes under the expensive category.
- The motor is placed down by the blade that gives the pole an unbalanced adjustment.
8. Remington RM25PS Maverick Pole Saw
The Remington Maverick Saw is gas-powered to conquer tough tasks of reaching stubborn logs. It has a 25cc 2-cycle engine and a trademarked quick start technology that cuts through logs fast.
The pole saw also accepts other attachment heads for different gardening tasks. So you can use the pole as a trimmer, edger, blower, and so on. The 8-inch bar and chain can extend its reach up to 12ft with the extendable shaft. Besides the engine, it’s auto-lubricated system is more than powerful enough to handle any job.
- The acceptable attachment heads of the pole are capable of all backyard tasks.
- The powerful gas engine gives a consistent performance with every trimming job.
- Easy start technology lets you get started with trimming work immediately.
- Auto-oiler system optimizes the efficiency of the bar and chain.
- Hard to reach spots become easy to reach with the extension pole and 8-inch bar and chain.
- Best gas-powered pole saw in the market.
- Costly maintenance of the 2-cycle engine.
- It does not come with a wrench to adjust the pole saw.
9. TrimmerPlus TPP720 Pole Saw
Trimmer Plus specializes in designing tree trimming and pruning tools. The TrimmerPlus TPP720 Pole Saw proves this with its expansive usability. It can fit the attachment heads of all the popular trimming suppliers to let you do a wide range of tasks.
It includes an auto-oiler system for optimal sawing. You can reach any high limbs with the 8-inch bar and chain that comes with adjustable extensions for two height options. At just 7 lbs, this is perhaps the lightest pole saw in the market.
- The pole saw is made by leading tree trimming and pruning tool manufacturers.
- It is compatible with any attachment heads.
- The saw can cut through limbs that are 4 inches in diameter.
- The operating height of the pole is adjustable for long reaches.
- It is one of the lightest pole saws for easy handling.
- It is slightly expensive for the features it offers.
- It does not have a foam cover on the pole for a comfortable grip.
10. Oregon PS250 Cordless 40V Telescoping Pole Saw
This Oregon Cordless Pole Saw never fades in power, thanks to the 40 Voltage Lithium battery. The saw does not require warming up, so you can start the trimming work immediately. Its motor is powerful enough to fast cut branches that are 2-3 inches thick in diameter.
As a cordless pole, it does not require any oil mixing, cords and does not produce any emissions. Furthermore, you can reach up to 15 feet from the ground without any struggle. This ergonomically designed pole saw reduces fatigue and increases trimming accuracy.
- Telescoping pole gives a better and more precise reach.
- It has adjustable collars for extending the length of the pole.
- The 2.6 Ah battery allows you to do 325 cuts with this pole.
- The pole has a mid-mount motor for better weight distribution.
- It is designed to have low vibrations to reduce noise pollution from trimming.
- It is very expensive, and there are cheaper alternatives available in the market.
- It cannot cut branches thicker than 3 inches.
- It is heavier than other cordless pole saws.
- EXTENDS REACH: Ideal for cutting...
- TELESCOPING: Pole extends to 8.7 ft. to...
- POWERFUL: 6.5-amp motor cuts branches up...
- AUTO-LUBRICATION: 8-inch cutting bar and...
Each feature has to be weighed in when you are thinking of buying a pole saw. That being said, some factors will hold more importance than others. With a pole saw, you are engaging in the risky task of cutting huge logs and branches. So, the priority will always be an efficient performance that does not compromise on the safety of the individual. That is why the Sun Joe SWJ800E Electric Pole Chain Saw is chosen as the best pick from the top ten pole saws.
The Sun Joe model has a safety switch that minimizes the chances of any accidental damage. The full grip handle at the end of the pole improves the maneuverability of the long pole saw. It also excels in being one of the only pole saws to cut trees as thick as 7.5 inches in diameter. The telescoping design and auto oiling system combines safety with power. This pole seals the deal by offering all these features and more at a really low cost.
Pole saws are a huge help in beautifying your backyard. They save you the time and energy of calling a service to prune your trees. With the right pole saw, you can do it yourself, just like an expert.
When you are picking your ideal pole saw, keep a few pointers in mind. Your pole saw should be typically bought from a well-known supplier. These companies specialize in tree trimming equipment and therefore provide cutting-edge technology that other companies cannot compete with.
A good pole saw will always come with a manual that mentions clear instructions on how to use it. You must follow the guidelines that are given by the expert. Blades are very risky. So, individuals are required to handle them with great caution.
With a little bit of dedication and research, you can figure out what type of pole saw will fit your needs the best.