Pruning saws help execute yard and trimming works for many people across the globe. They are more effective compared to pruning shears. They are super convenient and fast in getting rid of small branches and limbs on your property. Pruning saws are present for purchase in multiple designs, sizes, and shapes for every budget and project.
You can be trimming the overgrown hedge, collecting firewood by cutting down branches, or getting rid of dead limbs from the trees in the vicinity. Whatever the case might be, a pruning saw is required to carry out these tasks. Here, we are compiling a list of the 10 best pruning saws for our readers. You can go through them and pick one that Pros: your interests.
Disclaimer – This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Silky Professional 717-24 GomBoy Folding Pruning Saw
- Multipurpose usage for users.
- Lightweight for smooth cuts.
- Heavy-duty and solid construction.
- Super hard blade teeth.
BlueCatELE Hand Pruning Saw
- Triple cutting razor teeth.
- It enables users to cut wood easily.
- Extremely cheap price tag.
- It possesses a long sharp blade.
- Thick and tough.
Silky ZUBAT Arborist 722-33 Professional Hand Saw
- Long and thick blade.
- Its metal screw and Japanese steel offer secure attachment.
- You will receive a high-quality, durable sheath.
- Tons of product applications.
- With less effort, you can execute greater cuts.
1. Silky Professional 717-24 GomBoy Folding Pruning Saw
The Silky Professional 717-24 GomBoy Folding Saw features a dimension of 20 x 2.4 x 0.8 inches and weighs about 0.5 pound. It comes with a blade length of 210mm, 240mm, or 300mm. Its high-quality design features a rubber handle that is easy to grip, and the blade is perfectly foldable. Start using this saw for a ton of works such as pruning, garden, lawn maintenance, trimming, and branch cutting. It helps cut both soft and hard surfaces with ease.
Its carbon steel blade is light enough for offering smooth cuts without getting stuck halfway. This saw does everything 10x faster than the average saw. Its high-quality SK4 carbon steel blade spans about 1.4mm thick. There are taper-grounding and impulse hardening of the blade’s teeth for enhancing the cutting capabilities. Also, its Japanese cutting technology makes the teeth’s quality harder compared to a regular file.
- Ergonomic design and superior performance.
- It caters to a variety of uses.
- Lightweight and delivers smooth cuts with ease.
- Durable and super sharp blades.
- It lasts way longer compared to a saw with non-hardening blade teeth.
2. BlueCatELE Hand Pruning Saw
The BlueCatELE Hand Pruning Saw comes equipped with a teeth blade length of 11 inches, 270mm. It features a straight blade, but it isn’t foldable like the other pruning saws. But don’t let that fool you because this saw is extremely well-put-together. It can deliver a performance that is just as good as its competitors. This special blade has a rugged design with triple cutting razor-sharp teeth for easy wood cutting. You can also cut other non-metal and plastic materials with it.
It allows users to cut in such a way that the outcome is smooth and attractive. The long blade allows users to cut down bigger branches that are more than 5 inches larger. It has a dimension of 16.49 x 3.97 x 1.77 inches and weighs about 6.4 ounces. Its 65# tough and thick steel makes it long-lasting.
- It helps cut multiple things.
- Super sharp teeth for easier cuts.
- Quick and efficient at all times.
- Excellent for woody or weedy plants and tree trim.
- Cost-effective, without a doubt.
- It isn’t foldable.
3. Silky ZUBAT Arborist 722-33 Professional Hand Pruning Saw
The Silky ZUBAT Arborist 722-33 Professional Hand Saw measures 18.5 x 3 x 1 inch and weighs about 0.6 pounds. This premium model comes from the shelf of the ZUBAT arborist edition from the series of Silky’s professionals. Its blade length spans 13 inches, 330mm, and has a thickness of 1.5mm. Users that are on the lookout for efficiency and maximum performance can opt for this model. Its mono-constructed and heavy-duty blade offer maximum cutting with very little effort.
Its full-tang blades are fully replaceable and offer great stability during cuts. Its secure and safe interface between the blade and handle helps eradicate breakage risks. You will receive a professional scabbard with loops for better storage and hanging on to your leg. Plus, its Japanese high-grade steel blade material and the soft grip makes everything easy breezy.
- Highly efficient and delivers superior performance.
- Replacement blades are available.
- Secure interface with no chances of breakage.
- It offers an optimal mixture of blade flexibility and strength.
- Better vibration absorption and decreased hand fatigue.
4. Samurai Ichiban GC-330-LH Curved Pruning Saw
The Samurai Ichiban GC-330-LH Curved Pruning Saw comes equipped with the best and newest handle + blade technology. This pruning saw possesses a special design of precision toothing that aggressively cuts woods and other non-metal materials. Also, its tapered blade helps in resisting binding at all times. This device has a dimension of 20.5 x 5.12 x 1.57 inches and weighs over 12.3 ounces. It features a blade length of 13 inches with a tooth pitch measuring up to 4mm.
This pruning saw comes with an ergonomic handle that has rubber cushioning. You will receive a sheath for storing your saw as well as a belt loop. Its teeth have impulse hardening that keeps the edge longer compared to the traditional saw. Also, its chrome plating can easily resist pitch and rusting.
- Its tapered grind tends to decrease binding.
- The Ergonomic handle reduces hand fatigue.
- Rubber cushioning handle for a softer grip.
- The scabbard is of high-quality hard plastic.
- Rust-resistant at all times.
- The blade isn’t the thickest compared to other models.
5. Corona Razor RS 7265D Tooth Folding Pruning Saw
The Corona Razor RS 7265D Tooth Folding Pruning Saw is highly popular with the general audience. It comes with three-sided razor-sharp teeth for cutting woods efficiently. Its 10” blade helps cut diameter of 5”-6,” i.e., branches of small and medium sizes. This saw has a co-molded ergonomic design handle that allows for a comforting grip for longer use. Its convenient blade is easily foldable, replaceable, curved, and taper-grounded. The product dimension is 1 x 2.68 x 12 inches, and it has a weight size of 0.8 pounds.
Also, the teeth of this pruning tool undergo impulse hardening that guarantees long-term service. You can use it from season to season and expect it to never wear out. The blades possess six teeth for every inch, and its curve design enables quick cutting. This saw goes through four manufacturing procedures for friction reduction, maximum durability, and hardness.
- Its triple-ground teeth tend to cut 2x faster.
- This saw can stay longer due to teeth its impulse hardening.
- It features a chrome-plated blade that enhances efficiency.
- Ergonomic handle helps reduce hand stress and fatigue.
- Faster and smoother cuts at all times.
- It doesn’t come with the best packaging.
6. Tarvol Heavy Duty Pruning Saw
The Tarvol Heavy Duty Pruning Saw is an excellent choice for trimming shrubs, trees, wood, plants, etc. All thanks to its curve styling, this saw makes trimming effortless all the time. You can easily cut through branches with 8 inches of depth. Its ergonomic cushioning handle possesses a pistol style grip that offers a comforting sturdy feel during sawing. Plus, it also comes with a hanging hole for easier storage. Once you use it, you will notice why it is such an eligible candidate for pruning landscape.
This pruning saw features a dimension of 17 x 1 x 2 inches and has a weight size of 12.8 ounces. Its 7TPI razor tooth curve blade is the star of the party. This saw comes with a lengthy blade length of 14 inches that helps get the job done at the earliest.
- Easier and effortless cutting and trimming.
- Sturdy handle for a comfortable grip.
- It caters to a ton of pruning works.
- Incredibly tough and versatile.
- 100% money-back guarantee.
- It is a little difficult to remove the blade from the sheath.
7. UTOOL Folding Pruning Saw
The UTOOL Folding Pruning Saw features a 7TPI (triple-bevel staggered teeth) that provides ultra-sharp and smooth sawing all the time. It does a great job in preventing binding and clogging too. You will be excited to hear that it works 25% faster compared to traditional hand saws. Its blade measures up to 10 inches and consists of SK-5 high-quality carbon steel material. The blade is fully replaceable and has higher frequency quenching. Its durable nature makes it fitting for rip cut, miter cut, and cross-cut.
This saw also comes equipped with a TPR+PP non-slippery handle along with a secure gear lock for covering the blade in its folded position. When you fold it, it is fully closed, compact, and safe. It measures about 12.32 x 3.98 x 1.22 inches and weighs about 9.8 ounces. Also, its two-handed handles and the rugged blade allows for easy outdoor activities.
- No chances of binding and clogging.
- The blade has an exceptional hardness.
- Its compact and closed nature helps prevent accidents from the teeth.
- This saw is multifunctional.
- You will enjoy a 100% money-back guarantee.
- It doesn’t come with a sheath.
8. FELCO F-600 Folding Pruning Saw
The FELCO F-600 Folding Saw has a blade length of 6 inches, and its body consists of high-quality steel. This chromed blade is fully resistant to rust and helps deliver precise and clean cuts all the time. The blade’s teeth are impulse heated and can easily resist corrosion over time. Its dimension consists of 10.24 x 6.3 x 4.72 inches and weighs about 6.4 ounces. The blade’s conical shape and teeth geometry help eradicate clogging as well as a build-up of sap. You can expect efficient, superior performance cuts of bigger diameters.
Its pull stroke feature offers an unmatched performance all the time. You can complete many tasks related to horticultural, arboriculture, and landscaping. This camping saw helps in cutting branches of diameter up to 4-Inches. Also, its non-slippery handle offers great safety and comfort while working. The blade is quite thin at the top and thick on the base, allowing the prevention of binding and clogging.
- The blade is rust-resistant and needs low-maintenance.
- It tends to minimize the build-up of sap and clogging.
- Its teeth can easily resist corrosion.
- You will witness deep cuts with this saw.
- User-friendly and durable.
- Customer service isn’t responsive.
- The cuts might be too aggressive for some users.
9. Corona RS16290 Raker Saw
The Corona RS16290 Raker Saw spans a massive 21 inches and comes with a raker tooth pattern that cleans itself. You can continue cutting for an extended period without stopping and still have your blade clean. You won’t be cleaning sap off in the middle of your work. It features a dimension of 21 x 6.5 x 0.5 inches and weighs up to 1.2 pounds. This saw goes through impulse hardening that can stand the test of time. Its three-sided razor-sharp teeth, along with the 12-inch blade, helps cut larger limbs and branches.
Every tooth is triple-grounded, offering 3-multi-faceted angles for maximizing wood removal and cutting efficiency. Its body construction consists of tempered steel alloy material that doesn’t bend while cutting. Also, its non-slippery D-handle with ergonomic design offers a comfortable grip.
- It tends to cut 2x faster compared to other saws.
- This saw stays sharp longer and possesses a non-slippery handle.
- No chances of clogging.
- Brittleness doesn’t develop over time.
- Reduced friction and fewer efforts during cuts.
- The bolts could use more tightening work.
- Certain buyers may prefer a lower price point.
10. Gaxcoo SAGSDG-456SG Folding Hand Pruning Saw
The Gaxcoo SAGSDG-456SG Folding Hand Pruning Saw possesses a dimension of 9.4 x 3.6 x 1.7 inches and weighs up to 1.2 pounds. This saw comes with triple-cutting razor teeth that can cut wood like butter. You could be cutting limbs, large and small branches, with this saw like nothing. Pruning is so much easier with this saw because it offers a comfortable and strong grip all the time. You can use it for several occasions such as survival, cutting wood, camping, bushcraft, and other outdoorsy activities. It also comes with pruning shears and gardening gloves in the package.
This saw is extremely sturdy and has a user-friendly nature. Also, its lightweight nature makes it easy to pack and to fold. There is a safe locking mechanism feature in the form of a button. You will also find a safety lock for both lock-in/lock-out purposes. In this way, you don’t end up cutting yourself while handling it.
- Efficient, smooth, and quick sawing.
- Tough and comforting grip.
- User-friendly with neat cuts all the time.
- Sturdy and compact for safe and easy storage.
- No chances of cutting yourself during use.
- Not the best clippers out there.
Pruning Saw Buyer’s Guide
If you are planning to purchase a pruning saw, then these factors are something that you need to take into consideration:
A longer blade length will help you get that extra reach during sawing. Plus, they have a bigger cutting capacity and don’t pull away in the middle of work. You will enjoy longer strokes that cause smooth cuts all the time. They are more ergonomic compared to the shorter ones.
But the shorter blades are way affordable and easier to control than the longer ones. They also require less space and are easier and convenient to store. Pruning saws’ blade size often varies between 5-20 inches, where users pick for their intended purpose. For instance, longer blades are suitable for harder and thicker branches.
When it comes to examining the teeth, you need to consider two important things, i.e., the size and the TPI (Tooth Per Inch). They are both closely related to the teeth’s size is going to determine the TPI. The classification of the teeth size consists of fine, medium, large, and XL.
Fine teeth consist of up to 11 TPIs and are fitting for executing fine cuts on the hardwoods. Medium teeth have over 8.5 TPIs, and it offers cleaner cuts on softwoods. Larger 6 TPIs saws tend to work great for executing general pruning. And the XL teeth possess over 5.5 TPIs, and it offers aggressive and faster cuts compared to the other teeth.
The saw’s weight will play a part in influencing the cutting and handling ease. You need to choose the saw’s weight based on the type of branches you are cutting. Heavy-duty ones are fitting for working with strong and thick branches. But for handling small trees, branches, or shrubs, you can go for the small or medium weighing ones.
The handle is an important part of the key factors you need to consider. Both the size and handle tend to influence the saw’s performance. You will end up with bad cuts if your handle is uncomfortable. Handles are available in plastic, rubber, and wood materials.
Their comfort level depends on how they are made. Always remember to choose a handle that is big enough for your hand to fit. Also, make sure that your handle has good shock absorption and is non-slippery.
Pruning saws are tools that people use daily, especially if you have many trees and plants on your property. So, it is obvious to pick a blade that doesn’t wear out over time and can withstand the test of time. Yes, there are various materials to choose from, but Japanese high-carbon steel and tempered steel are the most durable ones.
Also, the durability of your handle is another important factor. Regardless of the material being wood, rubber, or plastic, it is imperative to go for high-quality ones. Plus, your handle should possess a sturdy construction for long-term usage.
Summing It Up!
If you have reached this section of the review, you will be fully equipped with the right knowledge on picking your ideal pruning saw. Pruning activity is quite familiar to a lot of households. Regardless of you being a rookie or an experienced pruner, a pruning saw is a prerequisite.
Our list of the 10 best pruning saws will provide you all the necessary details and specifications concerning the products. So, make sure to not just scroll but also study them and pick the ultimate pruning saw for yourself.