A reciprocating saw is a useful tool that allows you to perform tasks quickly and with ease. But when you need a new reciprocating saw blade, it can be challenging. With many products being available in the market, you and other enthusiasts will be confused about which one to choose. All the saw blades available in the market look amazing. You may, therefore, not be able to decide which to choose. Not to worry, because here is a list of the top ten popular products that will suit your needs. You can pick the one after considering all the options, including design, performance, and price.
Disclaimer – This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Milwaukee 12-Piece Reciprocating Saw Blades
- Strong and powerful
- Variety of blades
- Made for demolition
DeWalt Reciprocating Saw Blade Set
- Cobalt reinforced teeth
- Can cut metal and wood with ease
- Suitable for any reciprocating blade
DeWalt Reciprocating Saw Blades
- Easy to use
- Can work on various materials
- Great price
10 Best Reciprocating Saw Blades in 2012
1. Milwaukee 12-Piece Reciprocating Saw Blades
If you are searching for a blade that offers variety and strength, Milwaukee 12-Piece is the answer. You can cut different materials with ease and swiftness.
The set contains wrecker blades, torch blades, and axe blades in different sizes. The blades come in .042 to .062 inches in thickness. Hence, they certainly will not bend even in severe conditions. The blades come in a case with separate compartments. You can, therefore, keep every piece organized according to size.
The blades are longer and thicker than many other blades. So, weaker reciprocating saws might have a few challenges. But if you have a robust saw, then it will work correctly.
- Great value for the set
- Thicker and longer blades
- Ease of use
- An excellent case to store the blades
- Different types of blades
- Not suitable for weaker reciprocating saws
2. DeWalt Reciprocating Saw Blade Set
The DeWalt DW4890 Saw Blade Set contains top-grade blades in different sizes for cutting wood and metal. You can use every piece with ease and finish your tasks quickly.
The set comes in a sturdy case, which will keep the blades safe and organized. There are 15 blades in total, with 5 for each type. You will get 5 of 18 TPI for cutting metal, 5 of 14 TPI metal blades, and 6 TPI wood blades.
Since the set has a large number of blades, it is also expensive. But every item is worth the price. So, enthusiasts will not regret buying the set.
- Suitable for any reciprocating saw
- Variety of blades for different tasks
- Cobalt infused teeth and pliant body makes the edges more durable and reliable
- Hard case stores the blades safe and organized
3. DeWalt Reciprocating Saw Blades
The DeWalt DW 4856 Saw Blade set is the best value product on this list. Hence, if you are looking for an efficient and affordable tool simultaneously, this is the one to choose.
One drawback about this set is that the blades are a bit short. So, you will not be able to use a piece for a long time. While it may not be suitable for contractors, it is ideal to use around the house or even for hobbyists.
- Great Price
- Can cut various materials
- Good design
- Easy to use
- Blades are short
4. Makita 723086-A-A Reciprocating Saw Blades
The Makita 723086-A-A is also a versatile product ideal for amateurs and professionals. The set has several blades in different sizes, and you can use these to cut metal and wood, and other materials.
It contains 18T, 10T, 6T, and the progressive teeth blades. The blades are efficient, and so you can complete your work with ease without any problem.
The price is also quite reasonable, and so you can get value for the set. However, the blades may wear out fast with constant use. So, you can buy it in bulk instead of just one or two sets.
- Different types of blades for multiple uses
- Can work on metal, wood, and plastic
- Edges last longer because of bi-metal construction
- Suitable for home or professional use
- Blades lose sharpness fast
5. Skil Reciprocating Blade Set with Pouch
This product is suitable for most reciprocating saws in the market, including Skil saws. The company makes some of the finest products. Hence, the blade set is no exception too.
The saw blades in this set are made of high-carbon steel, and so their performance is excellent. The blades are also long-lasting and can quickly cut through the material in use.
All Skil 94103 blades work perfectly fine with Skil reciprocating saws and many other saws. Hence, it is a convenient set in any situation. A small pouch is also available with the blades. So, you can store the blades safely and carry them wherever you have some work to do.
- Well-crafted with High-carbon steel
- The construction ensures high performance and durability
- Suitable to use with all Skil reciprocating saws and many other saws from popular brands
- Chip removal made quick and easy with the fire-hardened and precision ground edges
- The storage pouch keeps the blades organized and convenient to carry.
- Most blades in the set work well for wood only
- The pouch is useful but may not be durable
6. IRWIN Tools 11-Piece Reciprocating Saw Blade Set (4935496)
If you are thinking of buying a reciprocating blade set with many pieces, this set is a good choice. The set is not the cheapest, but it contains 11 pieces, and so it is worth the price. The blades are of four sizes, but there are only two pieces for the bigger sizes.
The blades in the set have 8% cobalt teeth, and so they have enough strength. But the teeth are not pressed or sharpened but welded. Hence, they might wear out quickly. The blades are also likely to bend, which may not be suitable for heavy projects.
You can buy the IRWIN Tools (4935496) if you need the blades to work around the house and not for professional projects. They do the job, but the blades are not the toughest available in the market. You can purchase in bulk if you don’t mind them wearing out fast.
- 11 blades in four sizes
- 8% cobalt teeth
- Easy to use
- Welded teeth
- Bends easily
- Wears out fast
7. Porter-Cable Pruning Reciprocating Saw Blades
It is also one of the cheapest sets in the list but the blade is efficient. You can use it for cutting branches or pruning according to requirements.
The features and construction ensure that the blades offer quick cuts even through rough woods. Porter-Cable PC760R also does not clog when performing tasks. Hence, it is convenient and easy to use.
- Made of carbon steel
- The blade does not clog
- 9-inch long blade for deep cutting
- Suitable for other reciprocating saws
- The blades’ length makes them suitable for cutting larger branches rather than pruning.
8. Skil Reciprocating Saw Blades
Skil 94100-05 is also a pruning saw blade set suitable for pruning and cutting small branches and trees. If you have lots of trees and bushes on your property, you will need this set. The fire-hardened high-steel carbon blade ensures excellent performance.
The blades are also durable, and you can cut in reverse or forward strokes. The blades are suitable to use with different reciprocating saws. Hence, it is a plus feature as you can have any saw and use the Skil blades for pruning and cutting branches.
- The construction guarantees high-performance and durability
- Suitable for cutting and pruning
- Works well with all reciprocating saws from Skil as well as other brands
- Can cut in reverse and forward motion
- 9-inch blades
- Cannot cut big branches and trees
9. Bosch Reciprocating Saw Blades
You may need unique metal cutting saw blades sometimes. Hence, what could be better than the Bosch saw blades ? Though most metal cutting blades lose their sharpness a little too quickly, such is not the case with this model. The bi-metal composition and design make it last longer than others.
The blades have a 3-degree tilt angle, which improves the performance overall by speeding up the cuts. It is more resistant to breaking because of the slim structure and 3/4-inch height. The blade set is most suitable for homeowners and hobbyists.
Be prepared to change the blades if you plan to use the tool frequently though.
- Blades are long-lasting because of bi-metal construction
- Flexible blade helps in resisting breaking and shattering
- 3-degree angle gives swift cuts and enhances the performance of the blade in total
- Pair-setting geometry gives long life and makes cuts faster
- The color helps in identifying the blade if it gets misplaced sometimes
- Blades wear out fast with constant use
10. Freud Carbide-Tipped Saw Blades
This particular reciprocating blade is one of the best products available in the market. It comes in a single piece, and price is high. However, it is efficient in cutting different types of metals. Hence, whether you are a professional or a hobbyist, you will find it very useful. The design ensures that you can complete your tasks quickly and comfortably.
It has a carbide tip and is 9-inch long, making it possible to cut any metal of any size quicker than other models. Another great feature about Freud DS0908CF is an enhanced link between the carbide tip and the body that guarantees maximum impact resistance.
The teeth also stay sharp and efficient for a long time. So, you can complete several projects with it before replacing the same. But you can buy back-up pieces if you wish to use it for more purposes.
- Robust construction and a superb selection of material make sure that the blades remain straight
- Easy to cut through thick metal because of its length, which stands at 9-inches
- The link between blade and carbide tip offers maximum resistance to impact
- The carbide tip also allows quick cuts and exceptional performance
- Efficient and durable
- Teeth do not wear out fast
- Comes with a single blade
Reciprocating Saw Blades Buyer’s Guide
Different saw blades serve different purposes. At the same time, everyone needs different models to suit their requirements. Hence, when you plan to buy a reciprocating saw blade, select according to what you need. But do keep some points in mind to make the right choice. That way, you will not waste money on some useless product. Some of the following aspects are what you should consider.
What material do you intend to cut with the blade?
If you plan to use a blade only for wood, pick a suitable blade that can work on different wood types. If it is metal you will be working with often, buying a saw blade for metal will be more useful.
If you do not wish to spend a lot of money on a blade, select a cheap and efficient set. There are several options to choose the best design.
It is best to buy a saw blade that can fit well in any reciprocating saw.
Everyone wants to use a product several times, at least. So, pick a model that is known for durability.
Now that you have an idea about the best saw blades, you can buy the type which will be ideal for your projects. All the blades mentioned on the list have many positive features. Hence, selecting the ideal one will not be so challenging anymore.