Hosing down your walkway or bike is one way to get them looking clean. But we all know how much water and effort it takes to wash the dirt away using a hosepipe. The smarter way to go about things is to employ small pressure washers. Every one of these appliances comes with different pressure settings. Nonetheless, they all help get rid of dirt and grime much more efficiently than other cleaning methods. The best part is that these appliances use half the amount of water to do so. With a pressure washer in hand, you can deep clean grills, furniture, pathways, sidewalks, cycles, boats, vehicles, wooden decks, fences, tiles, and even windows.
New to the game? Here are our picks of the best small pressure washers to make your introduction to these appliances a smooth one:
Champion Dolly-style Pressure Washer (Gas)
- High-powered washer that can clean almost anything.
- Comfort nozzles added for support.
- More powerful than most other pressure washers.
Sun Joe Electric High-pressure Washer
- Dual removable detergent tanks so you can simultaneously get on with two different tasks.
- Comes with tons of accessories.
- Suitable for a variety of cleaning jobs.
AR Blue Clean Electric Pressure Washer
- Its low center of gravity makes it more stable.
- Features an onboard storage unit.
- Powerful enough to clean furniture and concrete.
The Best Small Pressure Washers in 2021
1. Champion Dolly-style Pressure Washer (Gas)
The Champion Dolly-style gas pressure washer is ‘It’ if you’re looking for an appliance that can tackle tough cleaning jobs. Given its high water pressure, the cost of the appliance is a small price to pay. The comfort grip on the detergent hose is incorporated, so you don’t incur injury handling the washer’s high water pressure. Also worth mentioning is the appliance’s nozzle that allows steady and consistent cleaning. The washer comes with a two-year warranty.
Convenience is one thing that greatly affects whether an appliance is worth the hype. With a pressure washer, you’d want its hose to not hold you back when cleaning. This Champion washer pleases with its 25-foot long hose that you can easily pull along and direct water quite a bit of distance away from the washer itself. Its two detergent tanks that can contain about half a gallon of water add to this washer’s plus points.
- High PSI makes this washer ideal for tough jobs.
- Comfort nozzles protect your hand from injury when handling the washer.
- One of the most reliable washers when it comes to difficult cleaning tasks.
- Can be too powerful for some people.
- Leans on the expensive side.
2. Sun Joe Electric High-pressure Washer
If your mind is set on an electric pressure washer, let the Sun Joe SPX3000 be it. The washer’s max burst PSI is 2000, but a 1450 PSI pressure on it is enough to deep clean surfaces. Its 1.7 GPM equips it to be faster than most other electric pressure washers. We also love the appliance’s dual detergent tanks – they are removable and allow you to tackle different cleaning jobs at once. A safety lock switch on this washer automatically turns off the pump whenever the trigger is inactive. This not only saves energy but also extends the pump’s longevity.
Reviewers love the Sun Joe SPX3000 for how stable its flow rate is regardless of the nozzle. You get five different nozzles (gentle to intense) with this washer, all of which are easy to connect.
- One of the most affordable electric pressure washers.
- A powerful flow rate helps clean faster.
- Can take on all kinds of cleaning tasks.
- Consistent performance despite nozzle change.
3. AR Blue Clean Electric Pressure Washer (AR2N1)
This AR2N1 electric pressure washer deserves mention because it offers convenience and a good performance at a cost-effective price. You can place the appliance in its wheelie cart to move it around conveniently while you clean. If you’re in an elevated area, simply remove the washer from the cart and carry it in your hand. To simplify things for you, its hose attachments connect quickly. Details such as the hooks to hold the washer’s electric cord and the side holster for its wand are added bonuses.
If you’re set on a pressure washer that doesn’t disrupt the activities of the entire house when you use it, this AR Blue Clean electric pressure washer is ideal. It does what it has to do quietly. It also helps that it does not require gas refills since it’s electric.
- Dual modes – handheld for when you’re cleaning in elevated areas and in-cart mode for cleaning around the house.
- Suitable for various cleaning tasks – pavements to pet cages.
- Quiet operation.
- Removable detergent tank.
- Its corded electric function can be inconvenient for some users.
4. Generac SpeedWash Small pressure Washer
If you’re looking for a pressure washer that’s user friendly, the Generac SpeedWash will not disappoint. This gas-powered appliance’s pressure settings range between 2000 and 3200 PSI – all of which you can adjust with a simple knob turn. Its upright design means it won’t take up much space in the storage room. The washer also features a front cover that dampens noise when it is in operation. Adding to the fun is its power dial spray gun that lets you set the washer for different cleaning jobs.
It’s all about power with this pressure washer. Check out its power broom that offers a surface coverage that exceeds most other appliances of its kind. The Generac SpeedWash’s high-pressure nozzles are equipped to clean at 4 times more speed than standard nozzles. Its high-pressure soap blaster that sprays soap three times farther than standard nozzles doubles the appliance’s ability to break down stubborn stains.
- Its one-knob-turn operation makes it extremely user-friendly.
- Goes over rugged terrain without any difficulty.
- Its axial cam pump has a longer life than aluminum pumps.
- Runs on gas.
5. Ryobi 2300 PSI Electric Small Pressure Washer
Wouldn’t it be nice to have an appliance that does just as good a job cleaning driveways as it does furniture? Meet the Ryobi 2300 PSI electric pressure washer. Its powerful PSI force equips it to clean both light and heavy-duty stains with equal fervor. Its turbo nozzle ups the game by delivering up to 50% more cleaning capabilities. For your convenience, its coupler allows quick nozzle changes. The washer comes with a three-year warranty, but you can get plenty more years of use out of it.
Leave tasking jobs such as deep cleaning windows or scrubbing dirt off driveways to this pressure washer. You can spend that saved time indulging in a hobby, maybe? Its 25-feet high-pressure hose let you conveniently clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Its turbo nozzle speeds up cleaning by up to 50%.
- Tested for performance as per PWMA standards.
- The washer’s 13 MP brushless induction motor delivers a powerful performance.
- Requires a considerable amount of electric power to run because of its induction motor.
6. Westinghouse Electric Pressure Washer
Safety is a chief concern with any electrical appliance. With that in mind, this Westington electric pressure washer’s 2030 PSI center of gravity gives it good stability, so there are lesser chances of tipping. The washer, by itself, is capable of all kinds of light and medium cleaning duties on surfaces ranging from wood and stone to concrete and brick. It also helps that the appliance is lightweight, making it convenient for you to carry it around while cleaning.
If you’re set out to tackle tough stains, you’ll be thankful for the washer’s onboard soap tank. This is where detergent or cleaning chemicals go in, to allow heavy-duty washing. Inorder to save energy, the appliance’s pump stops automatically in case the trigger is not in use.
- Anti-tipping technology allows it to go over any surface smoothly.
- Suitable for various light to medium cleaning jobs.
- Lighter and more compact than most washers in its category.
- Its carbon brush motor is durable and facilitates high-pressure water flow.
- Some amount of assembling required.
7. PowRyte Elite Pressure Washer
Dirt and grime don’t stand a chance when they have the force of this PowRyte Elite pressure washer’s water pressure (4000 PSI maximum) coming down on them. The appliance proves handy for cleaning patios, driveways, cars, furniture, and practically any surface. You can select from four different spray tips to go about your chores. A detergent tank provides the extra help needed to get rid of stubborn stains.
The PoRyte Elite pressure washer aims to give you control over how you clean, with its four spray options. Choose from these options to efficiently clean different surfaces. Given that it runs on electricity, the appliance features a UL listed plug for users’ safety.
- TSS trigger turns off the pumps when the trigger is not in use.
- Its 3.0 GPM equips the washer to take on all kinds of cleaning jobs.
- Four different spray tips.
- Finding spare parts may be a hassle.
8. Yard Force Gas Small Pressure Washer
What’s convenient about this gas pressure washer from Yard Force is that it relies on batteries to get started. This means you can start it from a distance using the remote. Other than that, it runs on gas. You can trust this high-performance pressure washer to simplify the way you clean in and around the house. Its integrated storage unit holds space for the washer’s nozzles, hose, and spray gun, so you have quick access to them. If you’re used to a soap-rich cleaning process, you’ll appreciate this appliance’s one-gallon tank capacity.
Choose from the four spray options available to customise your cleaning experience. Working with this pressure washer on elevated surfaces shouldn’t be a problem – its 12-inch wheels roll over all kinds of terrains with ease.
- Features an integrated storage unit.
- Its one-gallon soap tank cuts down the need for refills.
- Remote controlled electric start.
- Goes smoothly over all terrains.
- Requires gas to operate.
- Its hose isn’t the best.
9. VARSK Cordless Small Pressure Washer
The VARSK cordless pressure washer is by far the most compact on this list. It only weighs 3.7 lbs and can be operated using one hand. Explore its six different nozzle patterns to clean varying kinds of surfaces in and around your home. What we love the most about this handheld pressure washer is that you can use it even when you’re camping out in the wild – this is because it draws water from a freshwater source.
If you were impressed by the four-option-nozzle washers on this list, prepare to be blown off your seat because this VARSK cleaning appliance has six nozzle patterns. You can easily switch from one option to another with a simple rotating movement. For your convenience, this pressure washer comes with a battery indicator that you can access with a quick button push.
- It can be held with one hand.
- Ideal for cleaning cars, floors, furniture, or even watering plants.
- Integrated a battery power indicator.
- Suitable for when any type of cleaning if you’re outdoors near a water source.
- It may not be suitable for heavy-duty cleaning tasks as some of the other appliances on this list.
10. Karcher K2 Plus Electric Small Pressure Washer
The Karcher K2 Plus pressure washer satisfies when it comes to tidy storage and lightweight nature. It weighs just 16.8 lbs and has cable hooks, so you can neatly tuck the cable away once you’re done with the washer. With this cleaner in hand, you can tackle almost any kind of cleaning job in and around the house. It is also suitable for washing cars. In case of stubborn stains, attach the Dirtblaster wand to take care of things. This wand creates 30 times more pressure than traditional garden hoses. It is also equipped to handle the pressures of regular use.
The washer’s Vario Power spray wand is another feature that deserves mention. It is adjustable and allows easy switching from one mode to another. On it, you have pressure options ranging from low to high. Whe set in low mode, the washer automatically dispenses detergent to simplify cleaning.
- Automatic detergent dispersion in the low mode.
- Dirtblaster wand added to tackle stubborn stains.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Its pump is protected from corrosion.
- Comes with a two-year warranty
Small pressure washers Buyer’s Guide
Listed below are the basics you should know before buying a pressure washer:
Source of Energy
Gas – they have a high water pressure force and typically clean faster than most electric-powered pressure washers.
Electric – ideal for cleaning jobs on patios, decks, furniture, and other light or medium-duty tasks.
The water pressure power of a washer is indicated by its PSI (Pounds per Square) rating. Gas-powered appliances )for light to medium cleaning jobs) generally have a 2000 to 2800 PSI while electric-powered ones have a 1300 to 1700 PSI. The downside with gas pressure washers is that they entail more safety hazards than their electric counterparts.
Studies show that electric washers produce about 78 dBA, while gas-powered ones produce an average of 85 dBA.
Manually scrubbing away at dirty windows or floors is physically exhausting and not a smart use of time. Leave the dirty work to small pressure washers. Get a washer with the right power, and you can extend using the appliance for indoor chores to cleaning your vehicle or maybe even washing down your porch.